The staff and students of REACH are sad to be losing Rick Robers to Roanoke College, as Coordinator of Disability Support Services/Academic Advisor. However, we wish him well as he moves up in his career and hope, one day to entice him back. Rick's last day is Friday, January 10, 2014, so please come by Webber and say goodbye.
January 3, 2014
We are pleased to announce that the Department of Distance Learning & Instructional Technology changed its name to eLearning & Instructional Technology or eLIT in acronym, effective November 7, 2013.
This name change reflects the revolution of our services, as we have expanded our services and supports in the past 8 years as follow:
- Identify faculty and students’ needs in teaching and learning at a distance.
- Utilize the advanced asynchronous learning delivery system to reach students who may have been unable to participate in the on campus learning environment.
- Encourage and support the use of technology and course management software in the face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environment.
- Provide effective training and resources for faculty and staff professional development.
- Improve the quality of VWCC’s online learning courses through rigorous assessment efforts.
- Manage and support VCCS Shared Services Distance Learning Program (SSDL).
Even though we changed our name, the products, service, support, and long term commitment towards our faculty, students, and staff will remain unchanged. The eLIT will continue to operate in its current structure and your contacts will remain unchanged.
You will notice our name change on all of our correspondence and promotional materials. Our department email address has changed to eLIT@virginiawestern.edu. Our web domain has changed to http://www.virginiawestern.edu/elit/index.php
Team eLIT thanks you for all your continued support and confidence. We look forward to taking our department to the next level with you.
During Spring In-Service 2014 a new presentation has been added in order to cover Administrative Functions of the College.
The presentation will be offered TODAY, 1:30-3 p.m. in Fishburn Hall, room F002. All staff are encouraged to attend one of the presentations. The agenda for the presentation is listed below:
FACILITIES GENERAL TOPICS:
- Reserving a pool vehicle (includes use of gas card and GPS) - Judy Lienhardt
- State Accident Reporting - Judy Lienhardt
- Mailroom/Print Shop Merger - Fred Aaron
- Mailroom Operation (preparing out-going mail, bulk mail and other processes) - Amy Maiolo
- Printing Services (placing orders and general updates) - Sylvia Foster
FINANCIAL SERVICES GENERAL TOPICS:
- State Travel Vouchers and Travel Reimbursement - Becky Chauncey
- Prompt Payment of Invoices - Tricia Price
- P-Card Procedures - Tricia Price
IET GENERAL TOPICS:
- Professional Development - Natalie Talbott
- Help Desk (services provided, hours of operation and other updates) - Natalie Talbott
- Virtual Access to the Network - Natalie Talbott
- eSARF - Natalie Talbott
- Office 2013 for Home - Natalie Talbott
- Personally Identifiable Information - Natalie Talbott
- Information Security - Natalie Talbott
HUMAN RESOURCE GENERAL TOPICS:
- VRS Hybrid Retirement - Mike Shelton
- OSHA Standards Changes and On-Training Requirements - Mike Shelton
- Worker's Compensation Reporting Processes - Mike Shelton
- Required On-Line Training For All Employees - Sarah Miller
New Faculty and Staff seeking a Virginia Western ID can email Natasha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to setup an appointment for Monday, January 6. The ID office is located in the 2nd floor lobby of the Thomas Center. Employees need to bring a completed and signed Faculty/Staff ID request form completed by their supervisor.
After January 6, Faculty and Staff who still need ID can come during our open ID hours which will be posted on the Daily Bulletin. Employees need to bring a completed and signed Faculty/Staff ID request form completed by their supervisor. Human Resources and division offices can also continue to send photos directly to Natasha Lee or Nicholas Owens for processing.
January 7–10 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
January 13–17 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Mondays, Jan. 20 – Apr. 14 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Tuesdays, Jan. 21 – Apr. 15 2:30 – 5:30 PM
Students & Alumni: REGISTER TODAY to attend the 2014 Career Premiere Job & Internship Fair!
WHEN: February, 20th 2014 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
RESERVE your spot today!!! Contact or come by the Hall Career Center (Thomas Center 202) at 857-6710 or email@example.com to complete the registration forms.
For more information and a list of employers please visit the event website: http://careerpremierefair.com/students/ The employer list will be constantly updated as more employers register to attend with an average of 50-60 employers attending the fair each year this can be a great opportunity to make some connections!
The Career Premiere Fair brings employers together with students and recent graduates from several liberal arts and sciences colleges, universities and community colleges in the northwest and southwest regions of Virginia.
The purpose of the Fair is to share information with college students and graduates about career and internship opportunities at participating organizations.