Jason goes over 5 things you may or may not know about your lectern. Number 5 is our favorite.
January 2, 2014
Human Resources is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Dean, School of Business, Technology and Trades
- Deadline: 01/31/2014 by 5pm (EST)
- Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
- Deadline: 01/24/2014 by 5pm (EST)
For more details about our application process and/or to complete the online application, please visit our website: www.virginiawestern.edu/hr and select "CAREER OPENINGS". Feel free to contact HR, 857.7282, with any questions.
We are pleased to announce that the Department of Distance Learning & Instructional Technology changed its name to eLearning & Instructional Technology or eLIT in acronym, effective November 7, 2013.
This name change reflects the revolution of our services, as we have expanded our services and supports in the past 8 years as follow:
- Identify faculty and students’ needs in teaching and learning at a distance.
- Utilize the advanced asynchronous learning delivery system to reach students who may have been unable to participate in the on campus learning environment.
- Encourage and support the use of technology and course management software in the face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environment.
- Provide effective training and resources for faculty and staff professional development.
- Improve the quality of VWCC’s online learning courses through rigorous assessment efforts.
- Manage and support VCCS Shared Services Distance Learning Program (SSDL).
Even though we changed our name, the products, service, support, and long term commitment towards our faculty, students, and staff will remain unchanged. The eLIT will continue to operate in its current structure and your contacts will remain unchanged.
You will notice our name change on all of our correspondence and promotional materials. Our department email address has changed to eLIT@virginiawestern.edu. Our web domain has changed to http://www.virginiawestern.edu/elit/index.php
Team eLIT thanks you for all your continued support and confidence. We look forward to taking our department to the next level with you.
The Help Desk will be working the following hours during the 3 days of spring in-service.
January 2, 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
January 3, 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
January 6, 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We will resume our normal business hours on Tuesday, January 7.
Employees are reminded that signs, instructions, directions or any other type of notice posted on campus shall not be affixed to windows, doors, walls, or any other painted, laminated, or finished surface on campus. In order to provide guidance on this and other issues relative to campus facility maintenance and signage a campus-wide policy is being developed and will be issued in the near future.
If there are any questions regarding the appropriateness of any posting, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Cheryl Miller, Vice President of Finance
Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch? Not us!!
As you have heard, there have been a lot of changes in the Brown Library building and we would like to invite faculty and staff to have lunch on us and see the changes for yourselves. As part of our Spring In-Service, on Friday January 3rd from Noon – 1:30 we’re hosting a luncheon and providing short tours of the new services and locations in Brown Library. Please make plans to be there -- because the more you know about our services, the more students will know about how to connect to academic success.
During Spring In-Service 2014 a new presentation has been added in order to cover Administrative Functions of the College.
The presentation will be offered TODAY, 3-4:15 p.m. and TOMORROW, 1:30-3 p.m. in Fishburn Hall, room F002. All staff are encouraged to attend one of the presentations. The agenda for the presentation is listed below:
FACILITIES GENERAL TOPICS:
- Reserving a pool vehicle (includes use of gas card and GPS) - Judy Lienhardt
- State Accident Reporting - Judy Lienhardt
- Mailroom/Print Shop Merger - Fred Aaron
- Mailroom Operation (preparing out-going mail, bulk mail and other processes) - Amy Maiolo
- Printing Services (placing orders and general updates) - Sylvia Foster
FINANCIAL SERVICES GENERAL TOPICS:
- State Travel Vouchers and Travel Reimbursement - Becky Chauncey
- Prompt Payment of Invoices - Tricia Price
- P-Card Procedures - Tricia Price
IET GENERAL TOPICS:
- Professional Development - Natalie Talbott
- Help Desk (services provided, hours of operation and other updates) - Natalie Talbott
- Virtual Access to the Network - Natalie Talbott
- eSARF - Natalie Talbott
- Office 2013 for Home - Natalie Talbott
- Personally Identifiable Information - Natalie Talbott
- Information Security - Natalie Talbott
HUMAN RESOURCE GENERAL TOPICS:
- VRS Hybrid Retirement - Mike Shelton
- OSHA Standards Changes and On-Training Requirements - Mike Shelton
- Worker's Compensation Reporting Processes - Mike Shelton
- Required On-Line Training For All Employees - Sarah Miller