Congratulations to the following employee(s) who have moved from part-time to full-time positions!
- Sarah Olson began a full-time position on 01/25/2013 as an Education and Support Specialist for Workforce Development Services at our Greenfield location.
It is with much sadness that we mourn the loss of Jack Mandy who died on Saturday, January 26. Jack faithfully served as the open computer lab tutor from October, 2004 until his death. Jack was indeed a faithful friend to all faculty, staff, and students who he knew and assisted over the years. A farewell, memorial poster is available for your written thoughts and signature; please stop by the computer open lab in Business Science M302 to sign the poster by Friday, February 8.
For those wishing to pay respects, Jack’s family will visit with friends on Thursday, January 31 from 3 – 4 p.m. at the Oakey’s Chapel, 627 Hardy Road in Vinton with a memorial service to follow at 4 p.m.
The School of Business, Engineering and Technology is collecting memorial funds to assist with Jack’s unexpected emergency medical and funeral expenses. If you would like to contribute towards this memorial offering, please deliver your cash donation to the School of Business, Engineering and Technology, Webber Hall room W305 by Friday, February 8.
Thank you for your support of Jack's family at this time.
Do you have information to share with the college community? Post your notices to the Daily Bulletin!
Postings should be college related with the exception of information included in Friday's bulletin posts, "Community Events" and "For Sale/Buy/Trade/Free." (see note below about different posting instructions for these posts)
Your postings could include:
- Professional development opportunities
- New employees to your office (even if they aren't new to the college)
- Personal professional development milestones (publication of a book, journal articles, awards, etc)
- Congratulations to an individual or team for completion of a project, task or event
- Business process updates or changes
- Birth or death announcements
- Retirement announcements
- And much more!
A few things to remember:
- Postings should be short and to the point (think about the basics that would get your attention)
- No graphics or tables (the bulletins are emails; graphics and tables take up server space)
- A new posting must be submitted for each day you want the post to run (the program doesn't allow multiple date selection so three posting dates means you submit the post new three times - don't worry, you can copy and paste)
- If a posting is not for the next day, include the run date at the top of the message (ex. Please run on 11/30)
- Postings must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. the day prior (postings submitted on Friday will run on Monday)
- No bulletins are sent on Saturday, Sunday or any day the college is closed
- Send Community Event or For Buy/Sale/Trade/Free postings to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you find the bulletin?
How do you post to the bulletin?
Sign-on questions? Contact Jaime Shetrone (email@example.com)
Posting or content questions? Contact Tara Nepper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important spring 2013 drop dates to share with students:
Last Day to Register/Add a Class - January 13
Last Day to Drop and Receive Refund - January 24
- Last Day to Apply for Spring Graduation - February 8
- Last Day to Withdraw Without Grade Penalty - March 21
Want to make your own scarf ?
Monday, February 4 and Monday, February 11
2 pm to 4 pm
Thomas Center, Room 205
Learn the basics of crochet by making a scarf and flower pin! Supplies and instructor will be provided in this two-week session. Free for VW students, faculty and staff! Sign up in advance to participate!
Sponsored by Student Activities. For more information, contact Natasha Lee at email@example.com or 857-6326.
Your Blue Stars Women's Basketball team will face off against Bennett College, Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 PM. The team is looking for thier first back-to-back home wins this year. See you there!