BOOKS FOR SALE
- NURSING TEXTBOOKS FOR SALE: Some books have a little wear and some have tears on the edges but nothing that diminishes the use of the book at all. Most are in great condition. There are also many NCLEX-RN Exam prep books and study guides and I believe all the CDs and DVDs are here also. I am also including the game that is strictly for Registered Nurses and really does help. $450 for everything. There are also a few boxes listed of drug cards and NCLEX exam cards which are very beneficial. My contact information is email@example.com
Medical Surgical Nursing 7th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-03690-0; Dosage Calculation 7th Edition ISBN# 0-7668-6286-0; Psychiatric Nursing 4th edition ISBN# 978-0-7817-9169-4; Medical Surgical Nursing 7th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-03742-6; Critical Thinking Cases In Nursing 4th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05359-4; Pharmacology- A Nursing Process Approach 6th Edition ISBN#978-1-4160-4663-9; Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing For The NCLEX-RN Exam 19th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05302-4; Maternal Child Nursing 3rd ISBN# 978-1-4160-5896-0; Contemporary Nursing 4th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05217-7; NCLEX-RN 2012-2013 ISBN# 978-1-60978-565-9; Memory Notebook of Nursing ISBN# 978-118921-5512-2; Fundamentals of Nursing 7th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-06784-3 with study guide ISBN 978-0-323-05251-1; TABERS Cyclopedia Medical Dictionary 21 ISBN# 978-0-8036-1559-5; Nursing Diagnosis Handbook 8th ISBN# 978-0-323-04826-2; Exam Cram NCLEX-RN 3rd edition ISBN# 978-0--7897-4482-1
Mosbys Manual of Diagnostic & Lab Tests 3rd edition ISBN#978-0-323-03903-1; 2009 Intravenous Medications 25th ISBN# 978-0-323-04554-4; Nursing made Insanely Easy ISBN#978-0-9842040-2-1; 2010 Mosbys nursing Drug Reference ISBN# 978-0-323-06651-8; Calculate with Confidence 5th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05629-8; Memory Notebook of Nursing Vol2-4th edition ISBN# 978-1-892155-17-7; Mosbys Nursing Video Skills Student Version 3.0 ISBN# 978-0-323-05292-4; Mosbys Nursing Drug Cards 3rd edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05742-4; GAME Mosbys RnTertainment ISBN# 978-0-323-04480-6
- BOOKS FOR SALE: ENG112 - “Literature A Portable Anthology Second Edition”, Condition: Good, Price: $30. BIO101-102 - “Biology Concepts & Connections Seventh Edition”, Condition: Excellent!, Price: $100. HLT110 - “Connect Core Concepts in Health Twelfth Edition”, with CONNECT card! Condition: Fair, Price: $50. HMS251 - “Addiction Treatment a strengths perspective Second Edition”, Condition: Great, Price: $60. MEN101-102 - “Interviewing and Change Strategies for Helpers Sixth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. MEN221 - “Groups a Counseling Specialty 6th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $75. PSY200 - “Experience Psychology”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. PSY120 – “Looking Out Looking In 13th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $65. PSY215 - “Abnormal Psychology Eighth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. PSY220 - “Behavior Modification Principles & Procedures Fifth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $120. PSY230 - “Life-Span Human Development 7th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. SOC200 - “Society the basics”, Condition: Good, Price: $70. Cell: 540-580-4890 (text or call) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- MATHEMATICS, NINTH EDITION FOR SALE - Mathematics, Ninth Edition by Karl J. Smith, Used once. Paid $165; asking $100, Excellent condition. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOOKS FOR SALE: Accounting 211 Principles of Accounting vol 1, without connect plus. Opened but never used new condition. Sale for $130. PED 129, self-defense book "Gift of Fear", used. $10. Contact Brittany at email@example.com.
Do you have an item to post BOOKS FOR SALE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you see Debbie LaRocca's picture on The Educational Foundation Facebook page? She's the proud owner of an iPad3 donated by Optical Cable Corporation (OCC). OCC President Neil Wilkin, an Educational Foundation board member, donated the iPad3 as an incentive prize for the 2012 Employee Giving Campaign, We Are Western. Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's campaign, helping raise over $30,000 to assist our students!!!
If you won a We Are Western T-shirt this week, it will be sent to you in campus mail on Friday.
You Are Western and We Thank You!
Friday, December 7 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Saturday, December 8 9:00 11:00 AM
Monday, December 10 12:00 – 2:00 PM
at the Virginia Western Greenhouse
The Horticulture Club at Virginia Western will be selling beautiful poinsettias this Friday, Saturday and the following Monday in the greenhouse. The plants will be decorated with foil, ribbon and a bow. Poinsettias make a great Christmas gift to be enjoyed throughout the Christmas season and beyond. Stop by the greenhouse after the college luncheon and purchase a poinsettia for yourself or that special person on your gift list.
Our poinsettias are sold in three sizes
6” singles, $7.00 each 7 ½” doubles, $10.00 each Hanging Baskets, $20.00 each
Thank you for supporting the VA Western Horticulture Club and the Community Arboretum.
Don't forget the Holiday Luncheon is this Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. If you have not signed up but still wish to attend, please contact Tara Nepper (email@example.com).
Wear your favorite holiday sweater be it new or old!
You'll also have an opportunity to see one of the final projects from Chef Schopp's advanced baking class! It's a sugary winter wonderland!
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIVING:
Office of Pregnant/Parenting Student Services
- Monetary gifts: checks may be made payable to VWCC Educational Foundation, note OPPSS in memo, gift cards, cash
- Other items: Diapers- infant to toddler size, Pull ups, Wipes, Pacifiers, Bottles, Babywear, Clothing- newborn to toddler- onesies, tshirts, Coats- infant to toddler , 2t-6 sizes, Blankets, Books, puzzles- infant to pre school, Small toys, Car seat, Stroller, Diaper bag/Tote bag, Insulated bags- for nursing mothers, Gift cards- for transportation, food assistance, WEPA cards- VWCC printing, Monetary donations- can be used for bookstore credit, cab vouchers, child care assistance
Roanoke Valley SPCA
- See the list attached for needed donation items. Located Baldwin Avenue, NE. Services include animal adoption, foster care, low-cost spay and neutering, community outreach. http://www.rvspca.org/
Family of Mariam Ndarugiriye
- Cash, Wal-Mart and Kroger gift cards. Anything that would assist a family taking in eight children unexpectedly during this holiday season.
Friday, December 7, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
- Met Opera Live in HD at Virginia Western Community College presents Verdi's Un Ballo in Maschera - New Production (1 p.m.) For more information: www.virginiawestern.edu/community/metopera.php
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info: www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Haley Toyota’s Harvest Festival (11am–2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. For more info: www.downtownroanoke.org
- Gingerbread Festival (11am–4pm) @ Longwood Park. Gingerbread house competition, holiday entertainment, local business displays, arts & craft vendors, food vendors and activities for children. For more info: http://s--‐
- 12 Bars of Christmas (12pm–10pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. Join the Square Society on their annual holiday cocktail crawl. For more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/113986022095803/
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm–5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Candy Cane Express at the Virginia Museum of Transportation (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) Train rides to visitors, come out and enjoy the day and take a ride on a train. $5 admission for non-Virginia Museum of Transportation members and $2 for each train ride.
- Public Ice Skating (12pm–3pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info: www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Nutcracker (7pm–9pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info: www.roanokeciviccenter.com
Sunday, December 9, 2012
- Candy Cane Express at the Virginia Museum of Transportation (1-5 p.m.) Train rides to visitors, come out and enjoy the day and take a ride on a train. $5 admission for non-Virginia Museum of Transportation members and $2 for each train ride.
- Create your own Tie-Dye wrapping paper (12pm–1pm) @ A Little Bit Hippy. For more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/378026262285180/
- Public Ice Skating (2pm–5pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info: www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Nutcracker (3pm–5pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info: www.roanokeciviccenter.com
Monday, December 10, 2012
- South Roanoke Holiday Open House (3pm–5pm) @ Crystal Springs Ave. South Roanoke. Enjoy an evening of private dining, shopping and major discounts in the shops on Crystal Spring in the heart of South Roanoke. For more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/173839006088915/
Come out on Saturday, December 8, and wear your BLUE! The Men's basketball team aims for a 3-game home winning streak Saturday at 3:00 PM in the gym. The Blue Stars last game of the semester is against Virginia Highlands Community College. See you there!
For your information to distrubute to students:
Spring 2013 Tuition Payment Plan – Sign Up TODAY! Students who have not signed up by today may still participate in the payment plan. The last date to sign up for the payment plan is January 13, 2013.
Nelnet Payment Plan allows monthly, interest-free tuition payments. The earlier students enroll the more payment options they may have. There is a non-refundable fee of $25.00 to set up the payment plan.
Payment plan sign-up instructions and deadlines will be posted on the Student Bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, www.virginiawestern.edu and on the VWtvs located across campus.
Step by step directions on how to enroll in a payment plan are available at http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studenthelp/student/tuitionpaymentplan.php