Last Date to Register/Add a Class
10 Wk Regular Session~ May 22
5W1 Session ~ May 20
5W2 Session ~ June 27
Last Date to Drop and Receive a Refund
10 Week Regular Session ~ May 28
5W1 Session ~ May 21
5W2 Session ~ July 1
Last Day to Withdraw Without Grade Penalty
10 Week Regular Session ~ June 29
5W1 Session ~ June 6
5W2 Session ~ July 15
As the Media Geeks have upgraded classrooms with the new touch screens, we've started noticing a serous problem: Projectors are being left on! Please remember that leaving a projector running when it is not needed is costing us a significant amount of money in replacement bulbs ($300 each) and electricity.
We are asking for your help. When you turn off the computer, please ALSO touch the "Shutdown" button on the touch panel, and confirm that you want to shutdown by touching the word "Yes" when prompted. This will turn off the projector. Simply turning off the computer results in a "black" screen, but this is not the same as the projector being off.
The Media Geeks are asking that you visually confirm that you have turned off the projector by looking at the projector and confirming that the only colored light on the projector is amber. If you see a green light next to the word "Lamp" on the projector, it is likely that the projector lamp is still on.
Thank you all for your help!
Cintas was unable to empty the shred bins on Campus on Thursday, May 16, 2013. Therefore they will come on MONDAY, May 20, 2013 to get all the containers emptied. We apologize for this inconvenience, however, all the shred will be removed on Monday, May 20, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ The Greenway in front of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital § Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking o Local Colors Festival (10am– 5pm) @ Elmwood Park. The Local Colors Festival highlights the ethnic and cultural diversity of the Ranoke Valley. For More info - http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/local-colors-festival-2013
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke § For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- BBQ at Sedalia (12pm– 6pm) @ The Sedalia Center § BBQ tasting and competition. For More info – www.sedaliacenter.org
- Vinton Wine & Food Festival (1pm– 6pm) @ Front Lawn of The Vinton War Memorial § Wine & Food festival to celebrate Virginia wines and local chefs. For more info - www.vintonwinefestival.com
- Bluegrass on the Market (6pm– 10pm) @ Salem Farmer’s Market. Bluegrass Jam. For More info - http://home.comcast.net/~bluegrass-in-roanoke/site/?/home/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field § www.salemredsox.com
- Puppy Love Ball (6:30pm – 11pm) @ The Shenandoah Club • Elegant dinner/dance fundraiser for the Roanoke Valley SPCA. For more info – www.rvspca.org
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
- Monday Fun-Day! (6pm - ???) @ 202 Market • Come out and start off the week the right way with a drink and some good food. This is a great way to meet new people and hang with old ones. For more info hit me up. For more info about this group - http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
The GILES COUNTY AUTISM FOCUS GROUP (GCAFG) is hosting the film screening of The Story of Luke. It will be held at the Carmike 10 - Tanglewood Mall in Roanoke on June 5 at 7:30pm. The film is about a young man with Autism who must survive in the world on his own. This is the first time this movie will be shown on the big screen in Southwest Virginia. The film is rated PG so children may attend.
We must sell 84 tickets in order to have this event and to receive any donations that are made. Please share this email and invite your friends! Make sure to reserve your tickets by May 29. Tickets are $12, which goes to the theatre and the company who has the rights to show the film. When you reserve your tickets you will be given an option to make a donation to our group. A donation is not required to attend the event. A member of the GCAFG will introduce the film. After the movie has finished, a representative from the Virginia Tech Autism Clinic or Virginia Tech Center for Autism Research will speak briefly. To reserve your tickets and find out more information about this exciting event go to http://www.tugg.com/go/bvfmhk. For more information on other events, view our page at http://www.facebook.com/GilesAutism. The GCAFG is a group of parents with children who have Autism, a Speech-Language Pathologist and a Program Supervisor from New River Valley Community Services. We raise funds to increase awareness about Autism and provide educational tools for local schools to use for children with Autism.
EVERY WEDNESDAY ULTIMATE FRISBEE Roanoke Ultimate (Frisbee) Weekly Pickup - Every Wednesday, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ River's Edge Sport Complex South - Field 4. For info - www.roanokeultimate.com.
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE GREENBRIER CLASSIC GOLF DAY TICKETS July 1st thru July 7th only $35.00 a day per ticket, I have two tickets for each day. Give Marla Whiteside a call 857-6316 or email@example.com
- LOOKING TO RENT OR LEASE 5 ACRES and up with a barn and pasture ready for a horse and 2 dogs while stationed in the Roanoke area. Lease time would be for up to two years. Please contact Mark Smith at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOCTORAL GOWN FOR SALE, contact Renee at 76682.
- NEED EXTRA ROOM FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO STAY FOR GRADUATION? Home for rent for graduation available in lovely, sidewalk lined neighborhood. Fully equipped, 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath home with covered porch and mountain views. Easily sleeps 6-8, plus one crib and one pack ‘n play. It is located minutes (5 or less) from VWCC campus and I-581 and in walking distance to restaurants, grocery, greenway and trolley. $350/night. And also available some summer dates. Smoke free and pet free home. Please call for more information, 345-1426.
- SPANISH TUTORING FOR VIRGINIA WESTERN STUDENTS, $15 per hour, discounts for more the 2 hours per week. Contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPSON PERFECTION 3200 PHOTO SCANNER: For sale $95. Price new was over $400. Excellent condition. Comes with cables but you will need to download the software for your computer from the Epson site. 362-5113 or 857-6070
- FRESH BROWN EGGS FOR SALE: From free-range chickens. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at email@example.com
- SOFAS FOR SALE: Three used sofas $150 Call 704-492-3255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRAIN PATTERN STUDY
The Human Neuroimaging Laboratory at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) located in Roanoke, Virginia would like to invite you to participate in a variety of groundbreaking studies!
- Eligibility: healthy adults, age 18-64
- Compensation: at least $20.00
- Primary goal: To study the response of the normal brain to patterns of stimuli, rewards, and decision-making
- Institute sponsor: Human Neuroimaging Laboratory labs.vtc.vt.edu/hnl
- Study timeframe/duration: 1-3 hours per visit
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit: http://vtcri.info/jkzexq
To contact us via e-mail: email@example.com; or call 540-526-2034
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is conducting a brain imaging study on cigarette smokers. Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current smokers, age 18-55
- Smoke at least 5 cigarettes per day
- Have been smoking for the past year
You will be compensated for your time. Eligible participants typically make $50 for the first session and $30 for the second session, with the potential to earn an additional $75. We have two locations, Blacksburg and Roanoke, and scheduling is very flexible to best accommodate your schedule. If interested, please contact Andre at 540-526-2068 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
OEF/OIF VETERANS NEEDED FOR FMRI STUDIES
- Deployment impacts veterans in many ways
- We use new FMRI technology to understand how deployment can affect the biology of the brain
- Have the study described and questions answered by study staff before deciding to participate
- Participate in a videotaped interview about your life experiences
- Fill out some questionnaires
- Complete computer tasks during an fMRI scan which may include:
- Viewing positive, negative, & neutral images- including some that are combat related
- Playing simple computer games
- Be asked to provide a saliva sample for genetic analyses
- Receive a CD copy of your structural brain scan
- Be compensated $15 per hour for the interview & questionnaire session and $20 or more for the fMRI scan depending on how you play the game
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- OEF/OIF Veterans who are:
- Between 18 & 64 years old
- Free from metal in their body
- Not claustrophobic
(540) 526-2032, email@example.com, http://info.vtc.vt.edu/vets