Licensure, Credentialing & Intensive Training Programs
Teacher Licensure (Career Switcher Program)
Want to Teach in Virginia?
Virginia's Community Colleges offer a fast track alternative licensure program -- EducateVA -- a statewide initiative to address critical shortages in the teaching profession throughout the state, allowing you to bring your dream of teaching into reality.
With the appropriate qualifications, EducateVA can help you become a licensed teacher in the state of Virginia, while maintaining your current job and responsibilities!
Using a combination of online and onsite instruction, you can complete the teaching certification program within 16 weeks, with six Saturdays required onsite at a nearby community college.
We have a proven track record and success in education, teaching, teacher education, teacher training, teaching careers, teaching jobs, teaching in Virginia, teaching as a second career, high school teaching requirements, education in virginia, and becoming a teacher, so please contact us today for more information or to begin the process.
Do you Qualify?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5 or more years of full time work experience
- Content area expertise, with a GPA of 2.5 or better in applicable courses
- Required assessments
- Criminal background check
- Do not currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisonal License from the VDOE or a teaching license from any other state
- Must take the Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) and Praxis II assessments and score at the prescribed levels.
- Complete the 16-week Level One program, which includes 30 hours of classroom experience
- Teach successfully with a provisional license for one full year prior to being recommended for a full 5-year renewable teaching license
- Complete Level Two of the program during the 1-year provisional period, which includes Saturday sessions and online training
For More Information
For more information and to see areas of endorsement go to EducateVA.com or contact Dan Semones at 540-857-6476 or email@example.com.