Licensure, Credentialing & Intensive Training Programs
Foundations of Revit Architecture
This Non-Credit course will focus on the basic tools needed to work with Revit Architecture. Management of Projects in the Revit Environment will be discussed throughout this course. With the parametric nature of Revit, Building Information Management (BIM) is integrated throughout the course. The class begins with the fundamentals of the user interface and Revit commands. The program streamlines the design process with a 3D central model.
Revit Architecture is designed to work the way architects think.
- Quick Start: Opening and Setting up Revit Projects
- Software Tools: Display and Navigation
- User Interface: Design Bar, Menus, Toolbars, Options Bar, View Controls, System Famlies, Content Families
- Wall: Place Walls, Modify Walls, Define a Wall Structure
- Doors and Windows: Place Doors and Windows, Center a Door in a Wall, Copy Windows
- Stairs: Create and Modify Stairs
- Roofs: Create an Extruded Roof. Create a Roof from a Footprint
- Dimensioning: Installing Floors and Ceilings
- Massing and Extruding: Model a commercial curtain walled building to learn massing techniques
- Callouts and Details
- Printing: Plans
- Pre-Requisite: Some AutoCAD experience
- Text: Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit.
- Equipment: Bring a 4GB USB drive