Workforce Solutions: Your Key to Success
Have you been laid off or terminated through no fault of your own?
Has your employer made a general announcement for a closure?
Are you receiving Unemployment Insurance or exhausted your benefits?
The On Ramp Grant was specifically designed to provide funding for tuition and fees for Non Credit programs. The funding provided will help the Dislocated Worker obtain an Industry Recognized Credential for in demand occupations and career advancement. Non Credit programs are shorter in length to help you transition back into the workforce quicker. This program is offered through Virginia Western’s Workforce Solutions office.
In addition to financial support, program participants will also receive:
- Assistance with career tools that help assess skill levels and interests
- Help developing a career and training plan
- Labor Market Information about the most in-demand career fields in the local area
- Employment resources and services
- Advising from the Dislocated Worker Case Manager
- Referral to other service providers for additional support
To be eligible for the On Ramp Grant Program, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be classified as a Dislocated Worker as defined by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Enroll in a Non Credit in demand training program that will lead to an Industry Recognized Credential
- Be a U.S. citizen or have the right to work in the U.S.
- Be a Selective Service registrant (if applicable)
For more information, Click Here, or contact:
Michelle W. Penn
On Ramp Grant Coordinator
Materials were produced through the United States Department of Labor Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title I funds.
Virginia Western Community College is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
Workforce Enterprise System
Try out our new WES for all of your non-credit class needs! Find and register for classes; view your upcoming registrations, transactions, and transcripts; access online courses; and more!
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015