Student Life :: Recreation
Fitness Center :: Wellness Programs
The Fitness Center offers a variety of fitness classes and wellness programs throughout the semester to help keep the Virginia Western community healthy and active!
The Fitness Center offers a variety of FREE group fitness classes led by certified fitness instructors. Class schedules are subject to change, so be sure to check the calendar! Love group fitness but can't make any of our scheduled classes? Virtual video-led classes are also available in the Fitness Center studio, just ask at the front desk!
You don’t have to sign up for group fitness classes, just drop in and exercise!
Group Fitness Class Schedule
Group Fitness Policies
Please note our group fitness policies:
- Participants will not be admitted to the class 5 minutes after the warm-up has begun.
- Appropriate workout attire is required at all times unless otherwise noted.
- Participants are encouraged to monitor their own workout intensity and take water breaks frequently.
- Participants are responsible for returning all equipment used during a class to the appropriate storage space.
- Patrons are asked not to jump rope, lift weights, or stretch in the studios while fitness classes are in progress.
- Personal items should be placed in lockers prior to participation. If there are no lockers available, personal items may be placed at the back of the studio, along the wall.
- To ensure the safety of participants, class size may be limited.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave should these policies not be followed.
Join us at the Fitness Center for free monthly educational workshops with topics on health, nutrition, fitness & more! A Registered Dietitian is available Tuesdays and Wednesdays to provide information on healthy lifestyles and answer nutrition questions. Check the Student Activities Special Event calendar for more information!
Nothing is better than being in the great outdoors. The Fitness Center sponsors local outdoor adventures like Outdoor Yoga, Foliage Hikes, Apple Picking and Kayaking. Check out the Student Activities Special Event calendar for more information!
Location: Student Life Center S106
Hours of Operation
The fitness center is closed during all holidays observed by the college.