Change/Reset Your Password
Virginia Western Community College is committed to the protection of its Information Systems and the data that is stored on these systems from compromises of their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. You can help by creating a secure password that only you know.
Reset Your Password
- Click Login to MyVWCC on the left of this screen.
- Click Forgot Password.
- Enter your Username. If you do not remember your username, use the Username Lookup Tool.
- Answer your three security questions. If you do not have security questions set, please use the Advanced Password Reset Tool or contact the Help Desk.
- Enter and verify your new password, following the password security standards (below).
- Click Return to Signin Page button.
Password Security Standards
- Your new password must have at least eight characters and not more than thirty-two. Your password must contain a combination of:
- At least one UPPERCASE letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number (0-9)
- At least one special character (e.g. ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +)
- To help protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you, but difficult for others to guess.
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Never use the same password that you’ve used in the past
- At peak times, it may take up to 15-20 minutes for your new password to take effect. Please give it time before calling the Help Desk.
After setting up your account for the first time you will need to provide a series of 5 security questions and answers that only you will know. These questions will be used when you need to reset your password in the future. It is best to provide simple but memorable responses. Keep in mind that the answer is case sensitive. You will be asked 3 of the 5 at random.
Security Question Help:
- Make the question relevant to you – you will need to remember the answer
- Make the answers simple, memorable to you but difficult for someone else to guess.
- Questions and answers must be at least 5 characters long.
- In what city were you born?
- What is the name of your favorite pet?
- What is the model of your favorite car?
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What is the high school you last attended?
Before you contact the Help Desk or the Enrollment Center Office, please be sure you have followed all the tips and read the directions carefully on the Navigate MyVWCC site.