Set Appointment Preferences in SAILS
Instructors, Faculty Advisors, & Advisors
- Sign in to MyVWCC by clicking on the Login to MyVWCC link on the left of this screen or the MyVWCC link on the Virginia Western homepage.
- Click SAILS.
- Click the downward facing arrow in the upper-right hand corner next to your name. This will display a menu of options. Select Appointment Preferences.
- Select the drop down box next to Minimum Appointment Length to identify the shortest amount of time you will allow for a scheduled appointment. This can be changed when you add a block of office hours.
- Select the appropriate radial to specify a daily deadline by which students must schedule appointments. For example, if you want to preclude students from scheduling an appointment after 2:00pm the day before your office hours, you would make the selections as show below. Select "None" if you do not want to specify a deadline.
- Add the information for the locations where you will meet with students by selecting the green Add Location sign under My Locations.
- Select a Location Type. You can use this type to denote if an appointment will be in an office, over the phone, online or elsewhere.
- Add the Name of your location (Ex: Chapman Hall Room 110). Type-in any instructions a student may need to know about meeting you in this location.
- Select Save to add this location.
- This location will be added to your list of appointment locations. If you need to edit an existing location, you can select the pencil. If you need to delete a location, you can click the gray circle with the X.
- You do not need to identify a calendar manager. Click Submit to save.
- You will receive a message that your appointment preferences have been updated.