Need help with a research assignment? Now you can reserve a Research Consultation with a Reference Librarian for up to 30 minutes to help you find resources for your research paper and citations. To schedule a session, call 857-7303, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the 2nd floor of the Brown Library building. All you have to do is have your topic selected and provide a copy of your assignment. Hurry, the semester is almost over!
Temp Retail Associate
This position greets customers, assists customers with store inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates purchases using the register for transactions.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors. Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs. May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates may apply at Follett.com—select Virginia Western Bookstore at the job search and the select Temp Retail Associate to apply. You must create an account to apply.
JUSTIN FARTHING STORE MANAGER
Tel: 540.857.7369 | Fax:540.857.6666 Follett Higher Education Group Virginia Western CC BKSTR #1102 3092 Colonial Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24015
The last two student Indoor Soccer Open Gyms will be today and next Monday from 3:00 - 4:30 PM in the Humanities Gymnasium. Students need to bring their current student IDs to sign-in.
Questions about open gyms? Emai Nick Owens at email@example.com.
The Armed Forces Student Association is sponsoring the Toys for Tots donation boxes across campus. Help brighten a child's Christmas today by donating new, unwrapped toys. The donation boxes are in W305, the second floor of the Fralin Center and in Humanities by the gym. The drive ends on 12/8/13 so take a few minutes to help make this holiday season even better for a child in need.