Don't miss the Bridging Cultures Film Series!
- 10/8, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World (2011)
- Explores the richness of Islamic art in objects big and small, from great ornamented palaces and the play of light in monumental mosques to the exquisite beauty of ceramics, carved boxes, paintings, calligraphy, and metal work.
- 10/22, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Persepolis (2007)
- Poignant coming-of-age story of a precocious and outspoken young Iranian girl that begins during the Islamic Revolution.
- 11/5, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Koran by Heart: Once Chance to Remember (2011)
- Captures the drama of the annual International Holy Koran Competition, following three extraordinary ten year olds who have dedicated their lives to honoring their families, countries, and culture through memorization of the religious text.
These films are part of the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys award granted to Brown Library by the NEH. They are available to be checked out on a reserve basis from the Circulation desk on the top floor of the library.