Friday, March 29, 2013
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (4-7 p.m.) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Winter Wonderland Getaway (11am – 9pm) @ Chateau Morrisette. Enjoy a Château Morrisette dinner on Friday evening, a complimentary winery tour and wine tasting and Friday night’s lodging at a participating lodging facility. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Callback Comedy Club (8pm – 11pm) @ Pomegranate Restaurant. Standup Comedy Comes to Botetourt. For more info – http://ww2.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=35932&dteId=36431
Saturday, March 30, 2013
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (noon-5 p.m.) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Tail Chaser 5k (12pm – 3pm) @ Wasena Park. Put your paws to the pavement and run for their lives! Registration is open for the first annual Tail Chaser 5K & 1 Mile Black Dog Salvage Dog Walk - fundraiser for the RVSPCA. For more info - https://www.facebook.com/events/467841696615858/
- Marginal Arts Festival (12pm – 3pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. Marginal Arts Festival is a festival of art beyond the predictable that nurtures local identity and promotes contemporary art from the local to the international. For more info - http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/marginal-arts-festival-parade-and-street-carnival
Sunday, March 31, 2013
- Benefit Event for Kristin Trout Myers (2pm – 10pm) @ Schooners. Kristin, 38 yrs old with a 5 month old baby, suffered a massive stroke a few weeks ago and the money raised will go towards her medical bills. Please tell all of your friends to come out and support this worthy cause. For more info about this group - https://www.facebook.com/events/283183588480691/
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.
Axis 5 will be playing at Growlers on April 3rd.
Global Youth Service Day is the largest volunteer event in the world. Serve and Celebrate on April 26 and 27, 2013 First 200 volunteers will receive a GYSD T-shirt! We also invite you to join fellow GYSD volunteers for the Post-Service Celebration. For a list of all volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at: www.fsrv.org/gysd
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.