WEST SIDE STORY - Come see a Romeo and Juliet story set in New York in the 1960’s. Two gangs the Sharks and the Jets fighting and two lovers caught in the middle. Featuring classic songs such as America, I feel Pretty, and Maria.
Patrick Henry High School Auditorium.
April 27, April 28, May 4, May 5
Time: 7:30 Admission: Students $5; All others $10
Friday, April 27th, 2012
- Free Beer Tasting – Dogfish Head (4 – 7 p.m.) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar http://bit.ly/Dogfishhead
- Band Night (4 – 8 p.m.) @ Valhalla Winery www.valhallawines.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5 – 8 p.m.) @ Wine Gourmet
- Salem After Five (5:30 – 9 p.m.) @ Salem Farmer’s Market http://www.salemva.gov/news/index.html
- 57th Annual Vinton Dogwood Festival (6 – 10 p.m.) @ Vinton http://www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Carolina Mud Cats (7:05 p.m.) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
Saturday, April 28th, 2012
- Community Yard Sale at Georgetown Park (off Colonial Avenue) (4/28)
- Colonial Presbyterian Church Yard & Bake Sale, 4/28, 8 a.m. – 2p.m. all proceeds go to mission and outreach projects. 3550 Poplar Drive, off Colonial Avenue, between Ogden Road and Rt. 419.
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30 a.m.) @ Roanoke River Greenway www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- 57th Annual Vinton Dogwood Festival (8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.) @ Vinton http://www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- The Open Studios Tour 2012 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) www.openstudiosofroanoke.com
- City Market Saturdays (11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) @ Downtown Roanoke www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12 p.m. – 5 p.m.) @ Wine Gourmet
- Counterbalance Art Festival (1 p.m.) @ First St & Kirk Ave and Dumas Center
- Salem Red Sox vs. Carolina Mud Cats (6:05 p.m.) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- 11th Annual Puppy Love Ball (6:30 p.m.) @ Hotel Roanoke http://rvspca.org/Puppy‐love‐ball
Sunday, April 29th, 2012
- The Open Studios Tour 2012 (noon – 5 p.m.) www.openstudiosofroanoke.com
- Counterbalance Art Festival (1 p.m. ) @ First St & Kirk Ave and Dumas Center
- 57th Annual Vinton Dogwood Festival (1 - 6 p.m.) http://www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Carolina Mud Cats (4:05 p.m.) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com FREE ADMISSION WITH YOUR VIRGINIA WESTERN ID!
- West End Community Market (3 – 6 p.m.) 5/1 @ West End Center
- Super Hold (also featuring Dave) will be at First Fridays (5/4) 6 p.m.
- A Derby Party benefiting Unbridled Change, 5/4, 3 -7 p.m. @ 202 Market http://on.fb.me/DerbyParty
THE ANNUAL FORT LEWIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTA SPRING BBQ AND AUCTION -Bring your family and friends to an evening of great food, fun and the opportunity to bid on some fantastic items on Friday, May 4th. Our live and silent auction will include such items as hot air balloon rides, VT football tickets, hand-crafted fine jewelry and more! Dinner will be served! For just $5.00 per person, get BBQ or a hot dog, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, chips and a drink. Our bake sale will offer some of the tastiest, homemade treats around. There will also be free, supervised kid activities. The Dinner and Silent Auction begin at 5:30pm. The Live Auction begins at 6:30pm. Visit our Facebook Page for additional information.
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS PHYSICALS – May 3, Cave Spring High School, 6-8 p.m., $15, bring a VHSL Sports Physical Form with pages 1, 2 and 4 completed and signed by a parent. Students cannot tryout, practice or play without a current physical form on file. Separate examination is required for each school year and must be completed between May 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013 for the 2012-2013 school year.
FOR SALE –
- Whirpool large capacity 10 cycle washer,5 cycle dryer, matching set , white, PICK UP ONLY $400 O.B.O. (gas dryer)
- Goldstar 21" screen color Television. $40 O.B.O. Great picture!
Contact Mellisa May, (540) 206-5532
LAND'S SAKE 2012! A FREE educational event about fields, forests and farms in Floyd, Virginia with over 35 people presenting information, demonstration and conversation. Topics range from organic gardening and soil testing to bee keeping and mushroom hunting. There will be a green machine expo with electric vehicles, a draft horse team and lots of good local food to eat. May 5, 2012, 9:30 - 3:00 at the Floyd County High School, 721 Baker Street, Floyd VA Come for an hour or a day. Learn from people who live what they teach. For more information see http://floyd-landsake.blogspot.com/ or email email@example.com
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to firstname.lastname@example.org