Military Student Center
Due to a change in regulations under the Forever GI Bill®, many students are experiencing significant payment delays. The VA is working to resolve this as quickly as possible. If you are facing a significant financial hardship, or have any questions as to how this may affect you, please contact the MSC.
VWCC’s Military Student Center coordinates all veterans’ educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the College.
The office is located on the Virginia Western campus in Webber Hall, Room W212. The VERITAS Veteran Liaison is located in Webber Hall, Room W212, and can be reached by phone at 540-857-7395.
The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.
Responsibilities of Veteran Students
- Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree/certificate program.
- Submit the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form (commonly known as the blue form) to your VA certifying official each term you enroll. You can also complete the form via Word document (DOCX).
- Priority deadline for Spring 2019: December 10th. After this date, we will continue to submit certifications, but cannot guarantee your enrollment will be submitted to the VA before the holiday closure, and you should expect your Ch. 33 book stipend to arrive after classes have begun.
- Notify your VA certifying official of any changes in your schedule, degree program and /or address.
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward your chosen degree program.
Location: Webber Hall 212
Mon-Thurs: 8:30 AM-5:30 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM