Responsibilities and Procedures
Student Testing Responsibilities
Students who plan to take tests in the Testing Center should familiarize themselves with the following procedures.
For the Fall 2020 Semester appointments will be required for any test or assignment completed in the Testing Center. Appointments will be available during limited hours Monday – Saturday. You must contact your Instructor first and fill out the Request to Test on Campus form and then make an appointment for the test using the ESA App.
- Tests will be turned in when the Center closes. The Testing Center will not give out tests in the last half hour of testing to ensure that there is enough time for the student to complete the test in one sitting. However, ultimately, students are responsible for determining the amount of time required to take a test.
- Tests will not be given back to a student to work on a second time without permission from the instructor.
- Students taking tests are responsible for knowing their course name and number, test number, and also the instructor's name.
- Students need to know their user name and password to access their MyVWCC account.
- Students will provide a picture identification prior to taking an exam. This needs to be a Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID.
- Students will sign in and out of the Testing Center Sign In System.
- Students will be responsible for leaving book bags and notes in the designated area.
- Students are responsible for bringing #2 pencils and clean paper, if needed.
- Students must turn off and put away all electronic devices.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center area.
- When testing, students will abide by Virginia Western's Student Conduct Policy; the policy is posted at each testing station.
- During testing, the Testing Center staff will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the testing environment.
- If there is a suspected incident or testing inconsistency in violation of the Student Conduct Policy, the Testing Center will report the incident and give any supporting materials to the faculty member.
- After the report has been made, the faculty member will be responsible for enforcing school policies.
Virginia Western's Student Conduct Policy states that students shall refrain from behaving in a dishonest manner. Dishonesty includes acts of cheating, stealing, and plagiarism. Violations of this policy could result in disciplinary action. For more information regarding Virginia Western's policy on academic dishonesty, read the policy.
Virginia Western faculty who wish to make use of the Testing Center should review the following policies regarding make-up and Online Learning tests.
For the Fall 2020 Semester only, students who do not have the required technology to test at home, will be allowed to make appointments to test in the Testing Center. Also, students who are unable to receive their ODS accommodations at home, can make appointments to test at the Testing Center. Students must fill out the Request to Test on Campus form before making an appointment. This request will be automatically emailed to their instructor and then the instructor should complete a Testing Information Sheet which will be automatically sent to the Testing Center.
For any questions please contact the Testing Center by phone: 540-857-7250 or email at: .
Testing by Appointment Only
Mon: 2PM - 8PM
Tue: 8AM - 2PM
Wed: 8AM - 2PM
Thu: 2PM - 8PM
Fri: 9AM - 1PM
Sat: 9AM - 1PM
Tests will not be given out within 1 hour of closing.
Location: Ground Floor, Brown Library
3095 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015