The Testing Center administers:
- Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English & Math
- Proctored exams for all Virginia Western Online Learning courses
- Tests for Virginia Western students with disabilities who require testing accommodations (click on Testing Center)
- As a service to the community, the Testing Center also proctors some tests from other colleges and universities for people who are not VWCC students
- Most of the services are free to students currently enrolled at Virginia Western Community College.
- Tests will not be given out after 7:30 PM Monday - Thursday; 4:30 PM on Friday and 12:30 PM on Saturday.
- Students should not bring children with them when coming to take a test.
- No matter the testing location or modality, students must present their Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID to verify their identity in order to complete the proctored activity.
- Virginia Western students must know their MyVWCC username and password to get into their account in order to log into the Testing Center sign-in system.
- During busier testing times (Fridays, Saturdays, Midterms and Finals weeks) students should factor in time to wait to sign in and time to wait for an available testing seat or computer. Arriving earlier in the day is always a good idea.
- If the College is closed and classes are cancelled because of inclement weather, the Testing Center is also closed. Please check the main page of the website for any school closing announcements.
Finding the Testing Center
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of Brown Library.
The parking lot beside the Testing Center (Lot 6) is for faculty and staff parking only; if you don't have the appropriate parking decal, you will need to find another place to park and walk to the Testing Center. Consult the Virginia Western parking regulations for more information.
Tests will not be given out within 30 minutes of closing
Location: Ground Floor, Brown Library
3095 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015