If you receive a Spam Quarantine Summary email from Barracuda, follow the directions below to decide if you want to Deliver, Delete, Whitelist, Classify as Spam, etc.
- Deliver: Delivers the selected message to your standard email box. Note: If you want to classify a message or add it to your whitelist, make sure to do so before delivering the message to your inbox. Once the Barracuda Spam firewall delivers a message, it is removed from your quarantine list.
- Whitelist: Adds the selected message to your whitelist, so all future emails from this sender are not quarantined unless the message contains a virus or banned attachment type. The Barracuda Spam Firewall adds the sending email address exactly as it appears in the message to your personal whitelist.
- Whitelist/Not Spam: Performs the functions of both Whitelist and Classify as Not Spam at the same time.
- Delete: Deletes the selected message from your quarantine list. The main reason to delete messages is to help you keep track of which quarantine messages you have reviewed.
- Classify as Spam: Classifies the selected message as spam.
- Classify as Not Spam: Classifies the selected message as not spam. Note: Some bulk commercial email may be considered useful by some users and spam by others. Instead of classifying bulk commercial email, it may be more effective to add it to your whitelist (if you wish to receive such messages) or blacklist (if you prefer not to receive them).
When you receive a Spam Quarantine Summary email from Barracuda:
- If you would like to just delete all the messages, click the DELETE ALL DISPLAYED EMAILS link in the email. This will open a browser window, where the messages will be deleted.
- If you wish to more thoroughly classify the messages or inspect them further, click the View your entire Quarantine Inbox or manage your preferences link at the bottom of your email.
- Use the checkboxes next to each message or the links (Deliver, Whitelist, Delete) following each message to classify each message. You can use the checkboxes to select more than one message at a time.
- When you are finished, click the Log Off link in the upper right corner.
You will receive an email from Barracuda whenever you have messages that have been quarantined.
Please contact the Help Desk if you have any questions.