Financial Aid :: Polices & Conditions
- Financial Aid Home
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Dates & Deadlines
- Summer Awarding
- Types of Aid
- About Your Financial Aid Award
- Forms Library
- Charging Textbooks
- Policies & Conditions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Consumer Info
- Financial Aid Course Eligibility (Video)
Students who wish to use their financial aid to purchase books and supplies from the college bookstore are required to complete and sign a Bookstore Charge Authorization each academic year. The Authorization is an online form in your To Do List on the Student Center page in SIS. You will receive an email when the Authorization is ready and available in your student account to complete. Once this Aothorization is on file with the Financial Aid Office, you may charge your purchases to your financial aid account during specific dates, found on our Dates & Deadlines page.
There will be no book charges after these dates. If the books you need are on backorder, please speak with bookstore management for special arrangements.
VWCC Bookstore Policy
The student must sign the Bookstore Charge Authorization Form for each year the student plans to use his/her financial aid to make educationally related purchases at the bookstore. The Bookstore Charge Form gives permission to Virginia Western Community College and the campus Bookstore to access the student's financial aid information for the purpose of charging books and supplies using financial aid while the student is enrolled. Additionally, students must understand the following information when purchasing at the bookstore:
- Signing the Bookstore Charge Authorization Form is voluntary, and is not needed if the student chooses to make purchases from a vendor other than the on-campus bookstore.
- You were awarded financial aid to help cover the costs of educationally related expenses during your attendance at Virginia Western Community College. These funds should only be used to purchase books and supplies that are required for the classes in which you are enrolled. These funds should NOT be used to purchase multiple copies of the same textbook during a single semester. Your financial aid funds are intended for purchases made by you, for you, and should never be used to purchase textbooks or supplies for other students, staff, or faculty members.
Failure to abide by this policy could result in disciplinary action from the College.
For more information: Financial Aid Bookstore Purchasing Policy