About the Media Geeks
The Media Geeks are your first line of support for much of the technology you use to teach in and out of your classrooms. Here’s a bit of what we do:
- Design, build and support the multimedia presentation systems in the classrooms (ie: projectors, control & switching, interactive features, etc.)
- Design, build and support the lecture capture system endpoints, and maintain the software on the servers.
- Design and maintain the VWtv campus signage system, as well as manage the content displayed.
- Create video & audio for recruitment, training, advertisement and lots of other things.
- Record and stream presentations and graduation.
- Build & maintain systems for archiving, encoding and delivering video and audio.
- Provide insight and consulting to the campus message delivery through classes, training and online media.
- Provide support for events and classes on campus (sound, lighting, etc.).
- Learn and train. This is the big one. Together, we review thousands (over 5000 last year) of articles about technology and education. We bring this information to the rest of the campus community.
Phone: 540-857-7354 (via the Help Desk)
Location: Business Science Building, Room M229
- Information about the classrooms and the technology in them: https://sites.google.com/site/vwmediageeks/classroom-technology
- The Media Geeks on YouTube. Tutorials, and fun: http://www.youtube.com/vwccmediageeks
- Panopto Lecture Capture Resources: https://sites.google.com/site/vwmediageeks/panopto
- For a full list of Media Geeks support resources, click https://sites.google.com/site/vwmediageeks/