Vision, Mission, Core Values and Strategic Planning Goals
As a student-oriented center for lifelong learning, Virginia Western Community College will meet the needs of our diverse community by providing comprehensive educational programs and workforce development.
Virginia Western Community College provides affordable, accessible, and quality educational opportunities and workforce training to meet individual, community, and global needs.
Approved by the Virginia Western Community College Local Board on September 15, 2011.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, fairness, and ethical conduct
- Encourage our students, faculty, and staff to strive for academic, professional, and personal excellence
- Pursue continuous improvement and high quality in staffing, facilities, programs, and services
- Foster a community that demonstrates care and support for students, faculty, staff, and the citizens of our service region
- Promote service to others
- Respect and appreciate all cultures, learning styles, and ideas that reflect the community we serve
- Provide access to services and programs for all students who may benefit
- Promote a safe and secure environment that facilitates student learning
In striving to fulfill its mission in the most effective way possible, the College has established the following goals.
Virginia Western Community College will …
- Promote effective teaching and learning through quality instruction, programs, and services designed to meet the needs of the diverse student body
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships with the educational community, business, industry, and government to create educational and workforce development opportunities to support economic vitality
- Practice sound stewardship of financial, physical, and technological resources to support high quality programs and services
- Foster a safe and secure campus environment that is conducive to learning
Approved by the Virginia Western Community College Local Board on May 21, 2009.