As part of Virginia Western’s continued efforts to support the health and safety of our campus community, we are proud to launch a COVID-19 Vaccination Card for Gift Card Program for students enrolled in Fall Semester 2021 classes. Beginning on July 15, 2021, students can participate in this completely free and voluntary program by confirming they have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to receive a $100 Virginia Western bookstore gift card. The gift card can be redeemed in the bookstore, online or at the Coffee 101 Café.
Help us spread the word about this exciting program and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Participation in this Student Vaccination Incentive Program is voluntary
- Participation is limited to students enrolled in Fall Semester 2021 classes (faculty, staff and community members at large are ineligible for the incentive)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) are being utilized to promote health and safety by encouraging students to be vaccinated.
- The incentive is a $100 on-campus bookstore gift card, which can be used online or in-person to purchase for textbooks, instructional supplies, computer equipment, sundry and gift items and/or menu items from Coffee 101 Café
- Participating students must present evidence of their completed vaccination card and a picture ID to the VWCC Cashiers located on the Fishburn Hall 2nd Floor from Thursday, July 15, 2021 through Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Students will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the gift card for proper accounting of all incentives. The college will not collect or maintain a copy of the vaccination card (visual inspection only)
- Gift cards do not have an expiration date