The health and well-being of our students, instructors and staff is a top priority.
For your safety, the College will:
- Maintain a commitment to keeping educational interruptions to a minimum and helping students stay on track to complete their programs of study.
- Quickly respond to student concerns and/or questions as they may arise.
- Adapt, adjust, or change procedures or policies to adhere to CDC, state, or federal policy/guidelines.
Guidelines for Safe Return to Campus
- Virginia Western strongly encourages all students to receive COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Face coverings (masks) are required for fully vaccinated and for unvaccinated individuals in indoor settings at Virginia Western per current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and VCCS mandate.
- Students should follow the college’s Contagious Diseases Policy.
- Students are encouraged to complete a Daily Health Self-Check PRIOR to coming to class or to any VWCC-controlled location that day.
- Visible signage is placed across campus and at off-campus locations to provide guidance on hygiene, coughing/sneezing, social/physical distancing, use of face coverings, and campus navigation. As part of public health education and communications, signage is also posted on VWTVs throughout the campus that run on a continuous loop.
It is recommended that you sign up for VWCC Alerts so you can receive school-wide bulletins and texts or emails not only about closing, but other emergency information. To sign up, text VWCC to 888777 or go to https://www.virginiawestern.edu/alert.