Virginia Western School of Career & Corporate Training
Healthcare Pathways: Accelerated Skills Training
What is the School of Career and Corporate Training?
Certificates and Credentials for Accelerated Training Courses:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Certifications & Credentials can be a Pathway toward other healthcare careers.
For more information on these and other healthcare pathways visit https://www.virginiawestern.edu/academics/health-professions.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- 14 Week Course
- Cross-trained in administrative and clinical skills
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- 10 Week Course
- Trained for blood collection procedures in adults and children by venipuncture or micro techniques.
Certified EKG Technician
- 8 Week Course
- Trained to perform and interpret EKGs
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- 15 Week Course
- Lab and Clinical time to prepare you to work in a pharmacy
Call for Funding Options
- FastForward Grants
- VA Ready
Most Students Qualify!
And MOST IMPORTANTLY…
Get Skilled Fast
- Get a healthcare job fast.
- Get working sooner.
- Work in the industry while in school.
- Get “preferred” status on your application into the Associates Nursing Program @ VWCC.
Outlook for these Careers
Increased Demand for Entry Level Healthcare Positions in the Roanoke Valley
- Medical Assistant ($14 – 19/hr)
- Phlebotomy ($12 – 18/hr)
- EKG ($12 – 18/hr)
- Pharmacy Tech ($14-19/hr)