FF – Project Management Professional Exam Prep BPM
February 22 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
COURSE OBJECTIVES: The primary objective of the course is to prepare students for the PMP® certification examination by:
- Providing a context for understanding the project management framework, project plans, knowledge areas, process groups, activities and outputs, and responsibilities of a project manager according to the PMBOK ®
- Identifying the most accepted best practices and approaches to project management.
- Reinforcing real work applications of project management concepts through individual exercises, group activities, and practice tests.
- Explaining the exam structure and question types to help students develop appropriate test-taking techniques and strategies.
- Satisfying the PMI requirement for 35 hours of formal project management education.
CERTIFICATION EXAM PREREQUISITES: The Project Management Institute (PMI) offers and sets the eligibility criteria for the PMP certification. Applicants must meet specific general educational and work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to sit for the PMP exam. To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
• A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent), minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education.
• A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent), minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education.
INCLUDED IN TUITION: Exam preparation manual, exam simulation application, PMBOK® Guide (Sixth Edition), and certification exam voucher
TUITION DISCOUNT: FastForward Eligible Program: Eligible student only pays $800. To qualify for financial assistance for FastForward programs you must meet the Virginia domicile requirements. Virginia domicile means you have lived in Virginia and intended to stay here indefinitely for at least one year prior to the date of application. A domicile determination form will be part of your registration process. If you qualify you will pay one-third of the cost of the program.