- This event has passed.
FF – Non WCG Commercial Driver’s License TCLA
June 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Class A CDL training prepares students to land an entry-level job operating a Class A commercial motor vehicle. Class A vehicles are defined as any combination of vehicles with GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicles being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
LEARN THE SKILLLS:
- General Knowledge
- Air Brakes
- Combination Vehicles
- Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Other trucking Endorsements such as Doubles/Triples and Tanker are optional.
In addition, VWCC covers the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as many safety topics necessary to provide a student the basic knowledge and skill set as an entry-level driver in the trucking industry.
CERTIFICATION: Upon successful completion of this program, students will be eligible to test at a DMV testing facility to obtain their state CDL license which is issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license. This license does not have to be issued in the state of Virginia. The program is able to test a student with any license issued within the United States.
- Be a qualified Virginia Resident (domiciled) to qualify for FastForward pricing. If you are not a Virginia resident or do not qualify for FastForward, you would pay the regular/full price of the program.
- The ability to pass a DOT physical and a drug screen prior to the start of class.
- Students should possess a CDL Learner’s Permit prior to registering for the program. Students should go to their local DMV office to obtain their CDL Learner’s Permit.
Applications are accepted ongoing throughout the year, with classes starting every two weeks.
Please contact the CDS office at 540-857-6188 before you register.