FF – Machining- CNC Milling: Operator CMOP
July 30 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
The Machining – Milling: Operator course is a hands-on course where you will learn the fundamentals of using a milling machine in a manufacturing environment. You will learn part set up, drilling, taping, boring, cutting keyways and other operations as well as basic CNC program editing. Instruction will also include shop safety, math and measurement for precision machining, and how to interpret drawings including views, notations, symbols, dimensioning and tolerances.
Students completing the course will sit for the NIMS (National Institute of Metalworking Skills) CNC Milling: Operator, Level 1 exam.
For more information on NIMS Credentialing visit: NIMS Credentialing
- Textbook, workbook and exam study guide provided for use during the length of the course
- NIMS first time registration fee and exam cost
- All materials needed for milling including metals, lubricants, cutting tools and similar
- Tooling-U online full access for 180 days
- OSHA voucher to earn OSHA card within the course timeframe
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Steel-toed boots or shoes. Estimated cost: $40.00
- Safety glasses with side shields. Estimated cost: $10.00
- Basic calculator. Estimated cost: $10.00
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
- All students must be 18 years old.
- We require a pre-acceptance screening assessment with our VWCC Testing Center. Contact our Student Services group for more information at email@example.com.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the VWCC Placement Testing Center: ENF 3, ENG 111 and MTE 1-3 (Reading, English and Math, respectively).