Basic Contractor’s License
August 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) approved pre-licensing class for a Class A, B, or C Contractor’s license. This 8-hour course is designed to provide a basic look at the statutes and regulations that govern contractor licensing in Virginia, including a review of the different types of licenses available and the qualifications for each. After successfully passing this course, students are qualified to take the PSI test for licensure. Students must schedule the PSI test directly with PSI Examination Services; information on this organization is provided in the course. After successfully passing the PSI test, students must submit the appropriate paperwork and fees to the state to receive license.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
- Standards of practice
- Prohibited acts and how to avoid violations of the regulations
- State building codes and underground utilities
- Employment law and worker’s compensation
- Taxes and business structures
- Students completing the course will be ready to take the PSI test for licensure (Class A, B, or C). Students must schedule the PSI test directly with PSI Examination Services; information on this organization is provided in the course.
- Textbook (provided day of class)
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Student must present a photo ID to enter the class