We hope you enjoyed the TOTAL workshops this past summer and spring. The Fall 2014 listing has been created and faculty engaged to teach the workshops. The schedule is below:
Workshop Title & Course ID
Writing Directions SO261.TOTAL.WCCCD.WRKS
Blackboard Basics Development area SO261.TOTAL.BBBSCS.DEVL
Developing Collaborative Activities SO261.TOTAL.DCA.WRKS
Preparing Student Learning Objectives SO261.TOTAL.LRNOBJ.WRKS
Establishing a Social Presence SO261.TOTAL.ESS.WRKS
Using Best Practices in Online Teaching SO261.TOTAL.BPOT.WRKS
Designing Rubrics & Providing Feedback SO261.TOTAL.RBKFBK.WRKS
Designing Meaningful Discussion Activities SO261.TOTAL.MDA.WRKS
Implementing Open Educational Resources SO261.TOTAL.OER.WRKS
Copyright, Fair Use and TEACH Act SO261.TOTAL.CPYRT.WRKS
Instructions for Accessing VCCS TOTAL Courses via the Knowledge Center:
- Login to the VWCC Knowledge Center: https://covkc.virginia.gov/vwcc/
- Go to Learning Center >> Course Catalog
- Enter Keywords: VCCS Total in the Search Text box. Click Search.
- Click on the course link of the course in which you would like to enroll.
- Click on the BRCC section.
- Click Enroll. You will see that your status changes to “Enrolled.” You will also see a statement confirming the date you enrolled: e.g. You enrolled in this item on 1/13/2014.
- After enrolling, you will be able to see the course(s) in which you are enrolled in the Scheduled Training box located on My Homepage: Home >> My Workspace >> My Homepage.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the Knowledge Center, please contact Sarah Miller, Heidi McClintic or Carly Johnson in Human Resources.
If you would like to know more about the content of the workshops, that information is available at https://sites.google.com/a/email.vccs.edu/vccs-total-project/home-1/workshops . You may need to copy and paste the link into your browser to access the link. If you have additional questions, please contact Carrie or me.