Join in as the college collaboratively celebrates and recognizes your contributions that lead to the success of the college and the students that we serve!
“You Make the Difference” Employee Recognition Event
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Natural Science Center
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
All employees are invited to stop by to socialize and praise their peers at this event. Catered by A Cut Above Catering, an assortment of hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and beverages will be provided.
Following the ceremony there will be award drawings! Awards are limited to employees that have received a “You Make the Difference” card issued by their peer(s) or supervisors from March 2013 through February 2014. Remember to bring your cards with you to the ceremony. If you prefer, you may deliver the cards prior to the ceremony by placing them in a collection box located in Human Resources.
A supply of “You Make the Difference” are located in the Human Resources Office.
The Admissions Office, Records Office and Advising Center will be closed temporarily on February 5th from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm. Financial Aid will remain open for students during that time.
Auditions for the gospel choir have been rescheduled for February 11 from 6-8pm in the Thomas Center conference room 209. Contact email@example.com for more information.
In accordance with new OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards regarding labeling of chemicals and other potentially hazardous materials, Virginia Western has released an online course available via the Knowledge Center titled “VWCC – OSHA New Labels and Safety Data Sheets Training (December 2013)”. This course is designed to fulfill the OSHA requirement that all employees must be trained on the new labeling system and Safety Data Sheet standards. This online course will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
This training is in accordance with new OSHA standards to conform to a world-wide means of identifying and labeling chemicals and hazardous substances. This brings the United States into a communication system consistent with other countries around the world. The new system is called the “Global Harmonized System (GHS)”, and all American employers and employees are to undergo this training for and comply with the conversion to the GHS over the next two years. However, employee training on this new standard must occur now.
IMPORTANT: All current employees are required to complete this course as soon as possible. Instructions for accessing and completing the training are below.
SUPERVISORS: Please ensure all of your employees take this training course, especially those that do not have a VWCC Employee Email address. All full-time and part-time (including student, non-student and Federal Work-Study) are required to take this online training.
- Login to the VWCC Knowledge Center: https://covkc.virginia.gov/vwcc
- All Full-Time employees have KC accounts already established. If you are unsure of your Login ID and/or Password, please click the appropriate “Forgot….” link.
- Part-Time employees may or may not have a KC Login ID already established. If you are unsure of your Login ID, please click the Forgot Login ID link. If you are not able to find your Login ID, please do not create one. Email one of the three Human Resources employees listed below who will search for your Login ID. They will respond to you via email with either (1) your ID or (2) instructions on how to establish one. This additional step will prevent duplicate KC Login IDs from being established.
- Click Learning Center
- Click Course Catalog
- Enter Keyword VWCC in the Search Text box. Click Search.
- The following course will appear: VWCC – OSHA New Labels and SDS Training (December 2013). Click on the course link.
- Click Enroll
- Click Enroll one more time (Suggested: Leave Course Credit Option as Credit and Course Mode Option as Normal.)
- Click Access Item
- Another white internet page should display. It may take a few moments for the course to start playing. Please be patient.
- Once the training is complete, please click the X in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Click OK when you are asked “Are you sure you want to exit this course?”
After you have taken the course, to confirm that you have taken the course for credit:
- Login to the VWCC Knowledge Center: https://covkc.virginia.gov/vwcc
- Click My Workspace
- Click My Transcript
- You can view all of the courses you have taken through the Knowledge Center under Learning History
If you have questions or need assistance, please EMAIL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING --- Heidi McClintic HMcClintic@virginiawestern.edu, Sarah Miller SAMiller@virginiawestern.edu, or Carly Johnson CJohnson@virginiawestern.edu, in Human Resources.
One day of a week dedicated to get your General Studies degree
- More days of the week for family and work.
- Save time and gas
- Maintain a full time student status
- Finish your career in two years
- Eligible for Financial Aid
- One on one advising
Have you considered Full Time Friday(ftf) program?
Join us for four hours on Saturday, March 15th for Relay for Life!
- 2-6 p.m.
- Cave Spring Middle School
- March 15th
Virginia Western Keep Calm and Cure On!
Join or make a donation to our team - http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=61889&pg=team&team_id=1556278
Questions? Contact Tara Nepper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Get some concrete tools and information to help you advise transfer students by attending the Advising Transfer Students session. These sessions will be held in the Natural Science Center on:
- Monday, February 3 from 12-1
- Thursday, February 6 from 2-3
- Friday, February 7 from 9-10
Do you have information to share with the college community? Post your notices to the Daily Bulletin!
Postings should be college related with the exception of information included in Friday's bulletin posts, "Community Events" and "For Sale/Buy/Trade/Free." (see note below about different posting instructions for these posts)
Your postings could include:
- Professional development opportunities
- New employees to your office (even if they aren't new to the college)
- Personal professional development milestones (publication of a book, journal articles, awards, etc)
- Congratulations to an individual or team for completion of a project, task or event
- Business process updates or changes
- Birth or death announcements
- Retirement announcements
- And much more!
A few things to remember:
- Postings should be short and to the point (think about the basics that would get your attention)
- No graphics or tables (the bulletins are emails; graphics and tables take up server space)
- A new posting must be submitted for each day you want the post to run (the program doesn't allow multiple date selection so three posting dates means you submit the post new three times - don't worry, you can copy and paste)
- If a posting is not for the next day, include the run date at the top of the message (ex. Please run on 11/30)
- Postings must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. the day prior (postings submitted on Friday will run on Monday)
- No bulletins are sent on Saturday, Sunday or any day the college is closed
- Send Community Event or For Buy/Sale/Trade/Free postings to email@example.com
How do you find the bulletin?
How do you post to the bulletin?
Sign-on questions? Contact Jaime Shetrone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Posting or content questions? Contact Tara Nepper (email@example.com)