We are pleased to announce that the Department of Distance Learning & Instructional Technology changed its name to eLearning & Instructional Technology or eLIT in acronym, effective November 7, 2013.
This name change reflects the revolution of our services, as we have expanded our services and supports in the past 8 years as follow:
- Identify faculty and students’ needs in teaching and learning at a distance.
- Utilize the advanced asynchronous learning delivery system to reach students who may have been unable to participate in the on campus learning environment.
- Encourage and support the use of technology and course management software in the face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environment.
- Provide effective training and resources for faculty and staff professional development.
- Improve the quality of VWCC’s online learning courses through rigorous assessment efforts.
- Manage and support VCCS Shared Services Distance Learning Program (SSDL).
Even though we changed our name, the products, service, support, and long term commitment towards our faculty, students, and staff will remain unchanged. The eLIT will continue to operate in its current structure and your contacts will remain unchanged.
You will notice our name change on all of our correspondence and promotional materials. Our department email address has changed to eLIT@virginiawestern.edu. Our web domain has changed to http://www.virginiawestern.edu/elit/index.php
Team eLIT thanks you for all your continued support and confidence. We look forward to taking our department to the next level with you.