Dear Virginia Western Family,
Over the past few weeks I have been overwhelmed by the support and compassion of my Virginia Western family. There are no words to truly express the gratitute my family and I have for your many acts of kindness, cards, and flowers. The meals and donations you so generously provided my family sustained us as we struggled to navigate through this unexpected experience. We are humbled by your thoughtfulness and we owe a debt of gratitute to each of you.
I truly appreciate everything that has been done for my family and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.
The Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award Committee is requesting nominations for the 2013 Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award. The deadline for submitting nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 13, 2013.
Each year, classified employees are selected to receive this award based on exceptional achievements, extraordinary accomplishments, outstanding initiative or superb performance resulting in significant benefits to Virginia Western Community College. This award is designed to acknowledge significant, specific contribution or accomplishment beyond regular expectations of an employee or beyond normal work duties.
This year, nominations will be received through 5 p.m. on September 13, 2013. During the nomination period, eligible employees may be nominated for accomplishments and achievements that would merit an outstanding achievement award through such criteria as:
- Completing a major project under budget.
- Consistently providing exceptional customer service to internal or external customers.
- Completing a major project before the deadline under extraordinary time pressure.
- Developing and implementing strategies to resolve a work unit problem.
- Contributing to a one-time, outstanding effort, which benefited the work unit or the college.
- Specific accomplishment that improves internal processes, saving time or money.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, on-going contributions or other standards of excellence that assist the college achieving its mission.
In order to be nominated an employee must:
- Have attained non-probationary employment status in a full time classified position.
- Part-time wage employees must have at least one year of service.
- Have no active Written Notices; and for part time wage employees, no disciplinary actions taken by the supervisor within the previous year.
- Not be a 2011 or a 2012 former recipient of the Award (an employee may only receive this Award once every two years). Those employees are: Mike Lucas, Mayra Vazquez-Miller, Heidi McClintic, Sarah Olson, Michelle Webb, Marla Whiteside, Pam Conner, Kalyca Schultz, Sandra Kelly, Faith Janney, James Gettys, Joan Ayers, and Sandy Holland.
- No provisions of this policy may be waived without the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Any VWCC employee may nominate an employee for the award by completing a Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award Nomination Form and returning it to Human Resources along with the supporting documentation by the deadline date and time established. The committee will review the nominations and decide which employees will be awarded this honor based on a standard set of ranking criteria. The awards will be presented at the Employee Service Award Ceremony which is scheduled for Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 2 p.m. in the Whitman Theater. Recipients of the award will receive a monetary award of $500, a trophy, and a certificate of appreciation.
To obtain a nomination form, visit VWConnect/Human Resources/Forms/Recognition/2013 Classified Outstanding Achievement Award Nomination Form or contact Human Resources at 857-7962.
This video has a powerful message about texting and driving. Please take a look and consider your own habits.