Do you know a General Studies Student or one in pursuit of a degree in General Studies? Have they considered the Full Time Fridays (ftf) program? Virginia Western's Full-Time Fridays (ftf) program allows students to earn an Associate of Science Degree in General Studies while balancing priorities to their work, families and life in general. Full-Time Fridays will give students the opportunity to earn a General Studies degree in just two years through on-campus courses on Fridays, coupled with hybrid classes.
With Full-Time Fridays, students will be able to take all their courses from 8 a.m.- 6:30 p.m. on Fridays and still be able to manage obligations to their work, family and themselves. The typical course load of 60 credit hours will be spread over Fall and Spring semesters for two years.
FTF’s students enjoy the benefits of one on one personalized advising and a unique program that strives to help students reach their higher education goals. For more information about enrolling in Full-Time Fridays, visit: http://www.virginiawestern.edu/academics/fridays.php, or contact coordinator Alexander Scott at email@example.com or 540-857-7247.
The licenses for Respondus and Respondus Studymate will need updating after August 1, 2013. The new information and licensing key is on the Teach tab in Blackboard.
Just updating the key should work, but the local contact info has been updated too.
If you have any questions, please contact Carrie Halpin or Ramona Coveny in the Distance Learning Department.
Please take a minute to stop by and say hello to the following new faces at Virginia Western!
- Kimberly Gibson began on 08/02/2013 as a part-time Career Coach at William Byrd High School for Student Services / Student Recruitment.
Congratulations to the following employees who have moved from part-time to full-time positions!
- Corey Bapst began a full-time position on 07/29/2013 as a Media Geek for IET.
- James Underwood began a full-time position on 07/29/2013 as a Videographer for the Media Geeks / IET.
Welcome to Virginia Western!!!!
Effective July 1, 2013, Anthem began administering the prescription benefit for Commonwealth employees who are enrolled in COVA Care. Please be advised that Anthem has contracted Express Scripts (formerly Medco) to manage some parts of the prescription drug plan including home delivery services.
The following will provide you useful information to access your Anthem pharmacy benefits on-line:
- When you log in to the Anthem website at www.anthem.com/COVA, most pharmacy benefit links will direct you to the Express Scripts website of www.express-scripts.com. The Anthem website will in part provide you with printable drug lists and forms. However, in order to use the home delivery order system, to check the status of the order, and for any other pharmacy self-service tasks you must log-in to the Express Scripts website.
- On the Express Scripts website, you will use the same log-in and password as you previously used with Medco.
- If you experience difficulties, please contact 800-355-8279 and not the number listed on the back of your health care card.
- If Express Scripts asks for your member number, you will use your 7 digit number on your health care card including the XU. Do not include YTX.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Schuh at 857-7962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Western Faculty/Staff ID sessions for new employees will be scheduled before classes begin. Times and dates will be determined once the new ID equipment is fully installed.
Fall 2013 Student ID hours begin on August 21 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.. Students need a copy of their fall schedule with their name and student ID number on the schedule printed or displayed August 2 or later. Students must also bring a government issued photo ID. Students with Virginia Western IDs just need to bring a copy of their schedule to get their Fall 2013 sticker.The student ID office is located on the 2nd Floor lobby of the Thomas Center. The remaining semester hours are below.
Fall 2013 Student ID Hours:
August 21 - 22 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
August 26 - 29 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
September 3 - 5 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Mondays, Sept. 9 – Dec. 2 10 a.m. – Noon
Tuesdays, Sept. 10 – Dec. 3 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Questions about IDs? Email Nick Owens at email@example.com