Attention ALL employees (Full and Part-Time, Faculty and Staff):
To make sure Payroll has your current mailing address for W2 purposes, please review and update your address no later than December 14th, 2012.
To Edit an address:
- Log-in to PeopleSoft.
- Click "Main Menu".
- Click "Self Service".
- Click "Personal Information Summary".
- Click "Change Home/Mailing Addresses" button.
- Then click the “Edit” button to the right of the address which needs to be updated.
- Fill out the form with your new mailing address information. You must list the same address in the HOME and MAILING address variables. Please ensure you are using proper USPS format and abbreviations. The Postal code MUST be in the nine-digit format. Use this link to find your code: http://zip4.usps.com.
- Residence/Juris Code should be the city or county location of the corresponding address.
- List effective date of address change next to “On this date”.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click “Return to Personal Information” when verification of Address is complete.
Additionally, you must submit all address changes to the Human Resources Department. This can be done by emailing Heidi McClintic (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your VWCC Employee Email Account (or you can use your VCCS Student Email account if you do not have an Employee Email Account with our college) with the request.
- BOOKS FOR SALE: Accounting 211 Principles of Accounting vol 1, without connect plus. Opened but never used new condition. Sale for $130. PED 129, self-defense book "Gift of Fear", used. $10. Contact Brittany at email@example.com.
- AUTOMOTIVE TOOLS/HOME ENTERTAINMENT/HOUSEHOLD FOR SALE: Paint sprayer guns, timing light, floor jack and jack stands, seal driver set, soldering iron gear and balancer puller set. Yamaha A/V surround sound receiver with separate surround system including sub and all speakers, lava lights, neon beer sign from Germany, Skil saw, Craftsman cordless hammer drill, soldering iron, airbrush compressor, 2 Dremel moto tools, plastic model kits and some other stuff. Can be seen on craigslist or call/text 540-278-4467.
- FREE JENN AIRE CONVECTION WALL OVEN. Pictures available upon request. Needs a new bottom element (about $34) everything else works great! FREE but you have to pick up. Contact Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 KITTENS TO GOOD HOMES -There is a $5 rehoming fee and they are 2 to 6 months old, litter box trained, dewormed. Call or text 540-238-3421 or email email@example.com
- MATHEMATICS, NINTH EDITION FOR SALE - Mathematics, Ninth Edition by Karl J. Smith, Used once. Paid $165; asking $100, Excellent condition. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOR SALE NAPIER SPORTZ TRUCK TENT for a Chevy Silverado (regular bed). Used once. Paid $260; asking $225 OBO. Contact email@example.com.
- CALCULUS TUTOR NEEDED: For dual enrollment student at Lord Botetourt High School. Tutor can be in our home or he can meet somewhere. Call 540-397-0820.
- DORM-SIZE REFRIGERATORS FOR SALE. Two for sale, black and white. $75 each OBO. Good condition. Call Diana 540-293-3735.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYEE HOLIDAY LUNCHEON will be held on Friday, December 7th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.
Please register by noon TODAY! http://calendar.activedatax.com/virginiawestern/EventRegistration.aspx?Rid=117&Iid=604737&Frm=
ADDITIONAL GIVING OPPORTUNITY - The College will be accepting donations of money, Wal-Mart and Kroger gift cards and the like to help support the family who hast taken in eight children of Mariam Ndarugiriye. The children, two are Virginia Western students, have been taken in by a member of their church, Our Lady of Nazareth, after the tragic loss of their mother last week.
Office of Pregnant & Parenting Student Service (VWCC)
- Diapers- infant to toddler size
- Pull ups
- Clothing- newborn to toddler- onesies, tshirts
- Coats- infant to toddler , 2t-6 sizes
- Books, puzzles- infant to pre school
- Small toys
- Car seat
- Diaper bag/Tote bag
- Insulated bags- for nursing mothers
- Gift cards- for transportation, food assistance
- WEPA cards- VWCC printing
- Monetary donations- can be used for bookstore credit, cab vouchers, child care assistance
See the list attached for needed donation items. Located Baldwin Avenue, NE. Services include animal adoption, foster care, low-cost spay and neutering, community outreach. http://www.rvspca.org/
Friday, November 30, 2012
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Public Ice Skating (6pm – 9pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Virginia Tech Hockey vs. Rider (7:30pm – 10:30pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info – www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Ladies Night Holiday Party (7:30pm – 10:30pm) @ Old SW Roanoke. Have a glass of wine and create your own masterpiece with a holiday flare! All the while enjoying the company of friends and some great seasonal music. You provide the wine and we provide the rest! For more info – http://www.facebook.com/events/502700619754541/
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
- Monday Fun-Day! (6pm--???) @ Sidewinders. Come out and start off the week the right way with a drink and some good food. This is a great way to meet new people and hang with old ones. For more info hit me up For more info about this group -- www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=269449094740
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- West End Community Market (3pm – 6pm) @ West End Center for Youth -- 1210 Patterson Ave SW.
Submit items for Community Events to email@example.com.
For your information to distrubute to students:
Spring 2013 Tuition Payment Plan – Sign Up TODAY!
To help meet educational expenses, Virginia Western Community College is pleased to participate in Nelnet’s tuition payment plan. For a non-refundable fee of $25.00, Nelnet allows monthly, interest-free tuition payments. The earlier students enroll the more payment options they may have. The payment plan for Spring 2013 will begin on November 12, 2012.
If a payment plan is not established or if tuition is not paid by December 6, students who registered early for classes will be dropped and will need to repeat the registration process. Financial Aid students are protected from enrollment cancellation up to the amount of their Financial Aid award. Financial Aid students should pay any differences between their total award and the amount due to prevent enrollment cancellation.
Payment plan sign-up instructions and deadlines will be posted on the Student Bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, www.virginiawestern.edu and on the VWtvs located across campus.
Step by step directions on how to enroll in a payment plan are available at http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studenthelp/student/tuitionpaymentplan.php