How to Apply
Thinking about Dual Enrollment? GREAT! Let's get started!
You will need to go to our Admissions page and complete the on-line application, but before you do, review
the information below so that you have everything you need when you apply.
You will need the following information when you complete the application form. It is best to
have it available before you begin the application.
- Full legal name – do not use any nick names. (You can use your initial for your middle name)
- Your Social Security Number
- Your primary phone number
- Your full mailing address
- Emergency Contact information
- US Citizenship – non US citizens will need to provide additional information regarding their alien status
When you start the application process there are a few things that will be very helpful for you to know.
- When you begin the application, a security code will display on the screen. You will need to enter that code to continue
- You will also be asked to create a temporary login ID. If you stop the application and need to finish it later, you will need that login ID.
Here are some answers to questions on the application that might be helpful:
Q: Which college/campus to you plan to attend?
A: VWCC / MAIN
Q. Type of class
Q. Previously Attended
A. If yes, you must put in your SIS ID number
Q. High School Information
A. Provide the Full Name of your high school and where it is located
A. Put in when you expect to graduate from high school, and what type of diploma you think you will graduate with
Q. Educational Goals
A. Dual Enrollment students should not check this box. Instead, for Plan of Study, put in 041
Step 3 (Parent signature needed)
1. Application for Enrollment: Part II Dual Enrollment
2. The Domicile Determination Form determines if you will pay in-state or out-of-state tuition.
- Dual Enrollment students receive in-state tuition if they are enrolled in a local high school
- Dual Enrollment students do not qualify for financial aid
On this form, check PARENT
and complete the Parent Information.
If your parent is not a citizen, you will need their “A” number.
This form will be sent by mail to your parent. They need to sign this and return it to VWCC as quickly as possible.
Dual Enrollment students, who take classes on campus, may have to pay out of state tuition if this form is not returned.
When you have completed the application you will receive an identification number. WRITE THIS DOWN and put it in a safe place.
You will need this number to register for classes, take placement tests, obtain your transcript, or any other
communication with the college. It is very important that you keep this number ALWAYS.
- Give a copy of this number to your high school guidance counselor
- Record the user name and password you have selected for this account. Keep them in a safe place,
and don’t share the information with your friends.
Special things to know:
- If you ever applied to a Virginia Community College in the past – you will need to submit the Identification number that was given to you at that time.
- If you applied or took classes at another community college and want to take classes at VWCC – you need to apply to VWCC.
- If you applied to VWCC in the past, but did not take any classes, you need to reapply.
- If you receive an error message when trying to apply online, please update your browser or use Internet Explorer, or contact the Admissions Office at 540-857-7231 for assistance.
Other forms you may need to complete and submit to your H.S. Guidance Counselor:
All students: Information Release Form (FERPA) (PDF)
9th & 10th graders: High School/Home-School Request for Admissions Form (Freshman & Sophomores) (PDF)
If you have gathered together all of your information and are ready to begin the application, click here to APPLY NOW.