Academics :: School of Health Professions


When To Apply

Applications for the 2016 class are being accepted now and must be completed no later than February 1, 2016.  The 2015 class is already filled.  If someone is interested in the program, but wants to find out specifically what requirements they do not meet or what will be necessary, they should submit their official high school and college transcripts directly to the pre-admission advisor, Pam Woody (Health Careers Specialist). She can review them and then discuss your particular circumstances with you to answer these questions. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible for advising purposes. Current enrollment in prerequisites you lack is not required to apply early, but you must be able to complete them by the end of Spring 2016 to be considered. Applicants can work with the advisor to select appropriate courses (also work on raising GPA, if below 2.5) if they desire to pursue consideration for the program.

How To Apply

We require all application material(s) be submitted directly to Health Professions - if you fail to do so, be aware we will not be responsible for any delays in processing your file. Complete the following and submit in one envelope (when possible) to - Pam Woody, VWCC - Health Professions, 3091 Colonial Ave., Roanoke, VA 24015.

  1. Apply to the college by completing a VWCC college application, if not currently attending. You are encouraged to complete the application by logging on at Please make sure you indicate your plan of study as Radiography/Pre-Admission on the college application.
  2. Apply to the Radiography Program by completing a 2016 Radiography Application Form.
  3. Have all official sealed transcripts (high school and college) and a copy of GED scores (if applicable).  We suggest the applicant request transcripts be sent to their mailing address, so you will know whether your request is filled and all material can be placed by you in one larger envelope for submission.  Remember, do not open any envelope which contains a transcript, they are no longer "official" to us when you have opened and broken the envelope seal.

    Transcript Request Form (PDF)

    If any school refuses to issue "official" transcripts directly to student, please request they be sent addressed to Pam Woody at the address above.  Please do not request transcripts from VWCC or any other community college in Virginia.  Transfer information provided on a subsequent schools transcript is not acceptable in lieu of the actual originating schools transcript.  College graduates must still provide their official HS transcript. GED holders must also submit official high school transcripts, if completed at least through the 9th grade. Home-schooled students must provide a detailed curriculum completion report from their school administrator (including a statement indicating if a lab component was completed for any Biology and/or Chemistry classes).
When possible, material being hand-delivered to campus should be brought to Pam Woody directly in the Fralin Center for Science and Health Professions - Room 339 (Her office hours are 7:45 – 3:45, but the office is usually accessible until 5:00 p.m.).  The Radiography advising form letter is mailed after your complete academic file is reviewed by the advisor (usually within 3-4 weeks if received from May - December).  Applicants are encouraged to wait until they get the letter to discuss their eligibility or classes. It is the applicant's responsibility to request their own transcripts and pay any required fees.  Faxed transcripts are not considered "official" for application.
Student Testimonial Banner

VWCC Alerts

We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency.

Get more info and register