School of Health Professions :: Programs of Study
Radiation Oncology - Associate of Applied Science
Did you know that the Radiation Oncology Program at Virginia Western Community College prepares you to be a part of a cancer fighting team? Check out our local job board for current opportunities. Begin your journey today to a career that provides the opportunity to impact the lives of cancer patients through the delivery of radiation.
If you are interested in applying to the VWCC Radiation Oncology program, we encourage you to explore the information links on this page to learn more about the process. Once your application and transcripts have been reviewed, our office can provide academic guidance to help prepare students for possible entry into this program. If you need further assistance, you may contact our office.
The mission of the Radiation Oncology degree program is to provide the communities and diverse populations we serve with radiation therapists dedicated to excellence and integrity who are prepared to meet the challenges of an evolving healthcare environment.
To effectively implement the program mission, the college and program faculty have made a commitment to:
- Instill in graduates a strong understanding of the principles and practices of radiation oncology to successfully perform as entry-level radiation therapists.
- Create an intellectual experience that stimulates student's critical thinking/problem-solving skills, and generates an appreciation for Radiation Oncology as a profession.
- Develop graduates who will behave in a professional manner.
- Develop students who will recognize the need for life-long learning.
- Develop students with effective communication skills.
The program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and is operated in compliance with their standards for accredited programs.
20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Credits: 72 Hours
Time: 2 years
APPLY NOW TO VWCC
Location: Fralin Center HP 214A or HP 339
Phone: 540-857-6325, 857-6644 or 857-7307
3091 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Tillie Conner, MS, RT(R)(T)
Director and Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology
A.A.S. - Virginia Western Community College, 1981
B.A. - Mary Baldwin College, 1990
M.S.Ed. - Virginia Polytechnic University, 2002
School of Health Professions
Martha Sullivan, Dean