Workforce Solutions :: Featured Programs
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
The VWCC CBCS prepares candidates for an exciting career in the fast-growing field of Healthcare Information Management. Students will learn how to translate medical procedures, diagnoses, and/or symptoms into ICD-10 codes to submit claims for reimbursement to insurance companies. Successful candidates will earn the Certified Billing & Coding credential that set them apart from their peers. Ninety-one percent of hiring managers consider certification as part of their hiring criteria.
Registration & Funding
Funding Opportunities Made Possible with FANTIC. To qualify, call 857-6076
Program will include the following topics:
- Medical Terminology for Coders
- Introduction to HIPAA
- Medical Billing & ICD 10 Coding
The CBCS NHA certification can serve as the first step of an exciting career in Healthcare Information Management.
CBCS certification helps qualify you for a variety of positions in the healthcare field including:
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Revenue Cycle Specialist
- Health Information Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Records Clerk
The class will run for 16 Weeks, 192 Total Hours
For Additional Information
Please contact Amanda Decker at 540-857-6279 or .
- Schedule an assessment/interest interview. Because of the rigor of the program, students must have a strong computer skills.
- Students must also complete the Virginia Placement Test and NorthStar computer Assessments by 5pm on the Wednesday prior to class start date.
Tuition assistance may be available for individuals who meet the eligibility.
Career Path & Funding Assistance:
Amanda Decker: 540-857-6279
Melissa Marcus: 540-857-6820
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015