Licensure, Credentialing & Intensive Training Programs
Backflow Prevention Device Training
The Commonwealth of Virginia requires individuals engaged in maintenance, repair and testing, or periodic inspection of cross connection devices be certified in backflow prevention.
Virginia Western Community College offers classes approved by the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) that meet the training requirements for certification. Individuals with less than 7 years work experience are required to take a minimum of 40 hours of training to become certified.
Individuals with 7 or more years of work experience are required to complete a 16 hour training class. Refresher classes may assist professionals in meeting continuing education requirements. Classes are generally offered at least once each semester.
Questions about Certification?
Questions about pre-licensing should be addressed to the Contractor Board at 804-367-8511. Exam information is available in the Candidate Information Bulletin from PSI Examination Services at http://www.psiexams.com.
- Class Number: BLDG 2247 Class #63280
- Dates/Time: Please call the Greenfield Center at 540-966-3984 with questions regarding scheduling a backflow class.
- Cost: Cost of the course is $199.00 per person. Materials are included in the cost of the course and will be available to all registered students on the day of the course.
This course is non-transferable and non-refundable after the enrollment deadline listed above.
If your company has 5 or more individuals who need training, please contact us about scheduling a customized class. VWCC at Greenfield Education and Training Center - (540) 966-3984 ext. 16.
Virginia Western reserves the right to cancel classes that do not have sufficient enrollment. Should this occur, students will be contacted and scheduled for the next available class, or they may request a refund if another class is not convenient.
If you have not been a student of Virginia Western Community College in the past 3 years, you must complete a NON-credit application to Virginia Western Community college. You can:
- Apply online at http://apply.vccs.edu. Use the Apply Online link to help guide you through the entire process, including enrolling in classes and making a payment. For assistance with online enrollment call 540-857-7231.
- Apply in person at any of the following locations. Call ahead for office hours as times may vary!
Main Campus: The Admissions Office in Chapman Hall. Room C108, 3094 Colonial Ave, Roanoke, VA 24015. (540) 857-7321.
The Greenfield Education and Training Center: 57 South Center Dr., Daleville, VA 24083. (540) 966-3984.
The Franklin Center: 50 Claiborne Avenue, Rocky Mount, VA 24151. (540) 483-0179 ext. 2116.