Scheduling an Online Appointment in SAILS
Scheduling an Online Appointment with an Instructor, Faculty Advisor, or Service Students.
- Sign in to MyVWCC by clicking on the Login to MyVWCC link on the left of this screen or the MyVWCC link on the Virginia Western homepage. You may also log-in to SAILS from Blackboard by selecting the SAILS option from the menu on the left-hand side of your Blackboard homepage.
- Click SAILS.
- Select My Success Network from the menu on the left-hand side. Your success network will include campus services, advisors, and instructors who are working with you this semester.
- Scroll to find the member of your Success Network that you would like to schedule an appointment with. If the service or person is using online scheduling, you will see a Schedule Appointment hyperlink beneath their contact information. If they do not allow online scheduling, you will see Online scheduling not available.
- If the person or service has online scheduling available, select Schedule Appointment. A calendar will then display that will show available appointment times. The monthly calendar in the upper left-hand corner will display in bold any date with available appointment times. To sign-up for an appointment, select the green circle next to the time that you would like.
- An Add Appointment dialog box will appear. Select the reason for your appointment with this person or service from the drop-down menu.
- If the reason for your appointment pertains to a particular class you are taking, you can select a course from the drop-down menu.
- If the appointment of time allotted for the appointment is flexible, you can select the duration from the drop-down menu. If it is not flexible, the duration will be grey.
- Take note of where the appointment will be taking place and read any instructions about the appointment that the service or person may have provided.
- Add an explanation of what you hope to achieve during this appointment. Include any information that may be useful for the service or person with which you’ll be meeting. Select Submit to make the appointment.
- If you have successfully added the appointment, you will see your name on the calendar.
- If you need to edit or cancel an appointment, click the blue box with the drop-down arrow.
- Select the appropriate option if you need to cancel or edit. However, it is preferable to maintain scheduled appointments if at all possible.
- Appointment information can always be viewed under the Appointments section of your Home tab.