Using the Class Roster to View Wait List Students
The Wait List function allows students to place themselves on a Wait List for a class section that is full and be given a position number. If seats become available in the class section, the waitlist process will run to auto-enroll students according to their Wait List position number.
The Wait List function also:
- Keeps a running list of students who want to enroll in a full class.
- Automatically attempts to enroll students in request order as space becomes available, on a first-on first-off basis.
- Requires no direct faculty effort.
The Wait List function is not currently available for all class sections. For those class sections where a Wait List is available, the instructor can view waitlisted students by accessing their class roster through the self-service Faculty Center.
- Sign into My VWCC by clicking on the Login to My VWCC link on the left of this screen or the My VWCC link on the VWCC homepage.
- Click VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
- Sign Click Self Service, Faculty Center, My Schedule. Your schedule for the designated term will be displayed. To change the term, click change term. Select the term and click CONTINUE.
- Click the Class Roster icon located in the My Teaching Schedule area of the screen. The Class Roster page will be displayed.
- When the class roster is displayed, the Enrollment Status defaults to Enrolled. If students are on the Wait List for the class, the Enrollment Status drop-down will include a choice of All or Waiting. To View Wait List students, select Waiting.
- Notice that the student’s position on the Wait List is displayed in the Status Note field.
- To exit, click Sign Out.