Recording Attendance in SAILS/Editing Attendance
Before recording attendance for a class section, you will need to create the class meeting schedule for the section – you will only need to do this once. Make sure you have the desired Course Section selected in the Filter Students By before clicking the Class Schedule button
Set Up a Class Meeting Schedule
- Sign in to MyVWCC by clicking on the Login to MyVWCC link on the left of this screen or the MyVWCC link on the Virginia Western homepage.
- Or log-in from Blackboard: select SAILS from the menu on the left of your Blackboard homepage.
- Click SAILS.
- Click the Students tab.
- Click the Attendance tab
- To the far right of the screen you will see the Filter Students By section. Use the drop down to select one of your courses to schedule meeting times and then click GO.
NOTE: if the term is incorrect use the top drop down to select a different term.
- Now click Class Schedule.
- A Set Up Meeting Times window will appear. If your class meets on a regular weekly schedule ensure the Schedule option is selected. Then select the day(s) and time(s) of your class meetings.
- If your course is on a non-standard meeting schedule (meets every other week, etc.) choose the Single meeting time option and add your first meeting day/time, then click the green circle to add additional meeting times.
- You are now ready to record attendance. Your meeting days and times are now loaded and ready to use.
- Follow steps 1-4 in the Set Up a Class meeting Schedule.
- Click Record Attendance
- When the record attendance box pops up select the course Section you wish to record then choose the meeting day and time. If you completed the steps to set up a Class Meeting Schedule previously your days and times are preloaded in the drop down then click Next.
- Record attendance then click Save.
Edit Attendance Record
This feature is helpful if students come to class after you have taken role and need to be switched to tardy or if an error was simply found.
- Follow Steps 1-2 in the Record Attendance Directions.
- 2. Select the day and time you wish to edit (an already submitted attendance record has a green checkmark), then click Next.
- Select Edit.
- Make your corrections and click Save.