Information For Faculty
In addition to TRiO grant students, REACH/DS provides services to students with disabilities. Any student with a disability may identify themselves to us and we will review their documentation and determine what accommodations their disability warrants. This is a process that involves participation by the student, our offices and faculty.
- Student completes a request for accommodations and provides REACH/DS with appropriate documentation of the disability.
- We review the documentation and determine if the request is supported by the documentation.
- We issue a form to the student listing each of the supported accommodations. This form is signed by a REACH counselor and the student.
- Student makes an appointment with each of their instructors to discuss the request and how that will be handled in each class.
- Faculty initials next to each accommodation they agree with and signs the form.
- Copies are made by the instructor and the instructor keeps a copy, a copy goes to the student and the original should be returned via campus mail to our offices.