If you're finding yourself in need of a little (or even a lot) of help with chemistry -- especially in the late evening when you're working on your homework or prepping for a test -- the Academic Link has a deal for you! Beginning Tuesday, March 18, upper level chemistry majors from Virginia Tech will be available online several evenings a week -- including Saturday and Sunday -- through the end of the semester to provide tutoring assistance to VWCC chemistry students. For more information about when this tutoring will be available and how to access it, contact your chemistry instructor, or call the Academic Link at 540-857-6442. This is an exciting new resource for VWCC chemistry students, so please make sure you check it out!
March 17, 2014
Radford University will be on campus in the Natural Science Center, Thursday March 27th for On-Site Admissions. This is a great opportunity to get an early admissions decision! You will need to schedule an appointment in the Advising Office in Chapman Hall, room 105. The deadline for scheduling an appointment will be Thursday, March 20th. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, so schedule early!
To sign up for an appointment with a Radford University Admissions Representative you must:
- Contact Steven Chichester at email@example.com to sign up for a specific time (appointments will be scheduled in 20 minute increments).
- Apply online at least 7 days in advance or
- Bring a completed RU paper application to your appointment along with your personal statement (optional) and a check for your $50 application fee or fee waiver (if completing the paper application)
- Bring official transcripts from VWCC and any other colleges & universities you have previously attended in sealed envelopes from the Registrar’s Office(s). (Unofficial transcripts will not be reviewed!)
- Bring official high school transcripts (necessary if you have not taken a college level math, successfully completed developmental math that includes up through Algebra II, or if you have completed less than 24 transferable credits)
Please be aware that in order to make an appointment you will need to turn in ALL of the required documents.
What Happens During My On-Site Admissions Appointment?
- You will meet with an admissions representative from Radford University.
- You will receive an admissions decision!
- You will find out more about transfer scholarshipts and will learn about the next steps after being accepted.
Thinking about transferring?
Come to Virginia Western's Transfer Fair, March 19, from 9:30am - 2:30pm in the Fralin Center.
Meet with admissions counselors from schools all across Virginia like, Virginia Tech, Radford University, Liberty University, Old Dominion, VCU, Roanoke College, Ferrum College, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Hollins University, and many more!
Come learn about specific programs offered at four-year schools and have your questions about transferring answered by representatives from the schools you are interested in attending.
Contact Steven Chichester in Chapman 105 with any questions.
Female students interested in playing on the 2014 Women's Volleyball team should email Scott Wilde at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Volleyball season runs from August to late October. Students must be full-time in the fall semester. Team travels to Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland schools and plays around 20 matches.
Men's Basketball Student open gyms will be (excluding April 8):
Tuesdays 7:30 - 9:30 PM
Fridays 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Open gyms held in Humanities Gymnasium. Open to all current male students. Must have student ID to sign-in.
Questions about open gyms, email Nick Owens at email@example.com
Skin Health Awareness Event!
Wednesday, April 9
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Natural Science Center
Stop by for skin health information, free food, and portable sunscreen to get ready for summer!
Freddy Patterson, Concert Director for Radford University Student Programming and Campus Events has invited Virginia Western students to their Spring Concert!
Come listen to Gloriana and Dustin Lynch with special guest Brent Rupard! See promotional flyer below for details. Any questions, please contact Natasha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Try your hand at cookie decorating! To be held during the Virginia Western Transfer Fair!
Wednesday, March 19
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Fralin Center - Health Professions Multipurpose Room
Talk to admissions representatives of four-year colleges and universities from around the state. Student Activities will be sponsoring a cookie decorating station where you can decorate a cookie with your favorite college's school colors!
The transfer fair representatives will be on site from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Last Day to Register/Add a Class - January 13
- Last Day to Drop and Receive a Refund - January 24
- Last Day to Withdraw Without Grade Penalty - March 21
Focus of session:
- Maximizing the impact of your resume
- Tips for completing online job applications
- How to highlight your Skills & Abilities