All students and faculty are invited to attend The International Festival! Free food from several countries will be served buffet style. After dinner, everyone will be invited into the auditorium where Virginia Western students from around the world will perform dances, songs, and other forms of entertainment!
When: November 15th at 5:30pm (Note the new date)
Where: Whitman Auditorium
For more information, contact Rick Robers at email@example.com
Please be advised that the fall graduation deadline has been extended until November 15, 2013. If you have not already done so, be sure to see your faculty advisor and complete your application. We look forward to helping you fulfill your graduation requirements.
Lorraine (Lorry) Conklin
Virginia Western Community College
Fax: (540) 857-6102
Don't miss the final film of the Bridging Cultures Film Series!
- 11/5, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Koran by Heart: Once Chance to Remember (2011)
- Captures the drama of the annual International Holy Koran Competition, following three extraordinary ten year olds who have dedicated their lives to honoring their families, countries, and culture through memorization of the religious text.
These films are part of the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys award granted to Brown Library by the NEH. They are available to be checked out on a reserve basis from the Circulation desk on the top floor of the library.
Previous films in the series:
- Prince Among Slaves (2007)
- The amazing true story of Abdul Rahman Sori, an African prince, enslaved in the American South and freed 40 years later.
- Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World (2011)
- Explores the richness of Islamic art in objects big and small, from great ornamented palaces and the play of light in monumental mosques to the exquisite beauty of ceramics, carved boxes, paintings, calligraphy, and metal work.
- Persepolis (2007)
- Poignant coming-of-age story of a precocious and outspoken young Iranian girl that begins during the Islamic Revolution.
The Student ID office is closed today.
The normal hours for the ID office are:
Mondays 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tuesdays 2:30 - 5:30 PM
Fall IDs will be closed after Tuesday, December 3.
The Student ID office is located on the 2nd floor lobby of the Thomas Center. Questions about student IDs, email Nick Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Stars Men's Basketball
6:30 Massanutten Military Academy
8:30 Hargrave Military Academy
Bring your Student ID to have a chance to win prizes at each halftime.
Games are played in the Humanities Gymnasium.
Questions about athletic home games, email Nick Owens at email@example.com
Try Heavenly Ham's delicious menu items with these opportunities:
- 10% off any in-store purchase (with student or faculty ID
- Western Wednesdays! All VWCC students/faculty get 2 punches for every box lunch purchase. Ten punches equal a FREE BOX LUNCH!
- Happy Hour
- All sodas HALF PRICE after 3p.m.! Monday through Friday only.
Visit them online at MyHoneyBakedStore.com
Any questions, contact Student Activities Coordinator Natasha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-6326.