Virginia Western Community College is hosting a special event to celebrate the advancement of community college education on Wednesday, October 23. The Dedication of the Center for Science and Health Professions in honor of Horace G. and Ann H. Fralin will begin with a formal speaking program at 4:30 p.m. Invited speakers will begin arriving on campus at approximately 3 p.m. and invited guests will begin arriving by 4 p.m.
Students attending classes in the Center for Science and Health Professions on Wednesday, October 23 (all day) are encouraged to enter and exit the building on the ground floor (Colonial Avenue), or from the third floor (along the Business Science walkway).
Please plan to park in the following parking lots on October 23:
- Chapman Hall (lot 1)
- Thomas Center (lot 2 and 3)
- Webber Hall (lot 7)
- Top of hill behind Anderson Hall (lot 14)
To accommodate the increased traffic, the following parking lots/spaces will be reserved for the entire day:
- Fishburn Hall (lot 5)
- Administrative lot (lot 6)
- Spaces along McNeil Drive
- Center for Science and Health Professions (lot 8)
- Colonial Avenue/College Services (lot 9)
- Tennis Courts/Whitman Theater (lot 15)--tentative based on completion
The College appreciates your consideration as an historical moment is celebrated.