The Radiography Club is holding a Yankee Candle fundraiser. The fundraiser begins today and ends October 22.
Interested people can order from yankeecandlefundraising.com use the group number 990054762.
The fundraiser supports the club's participation in educational workshops and board preparation sessions.
For more information, contact Brittany Carter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply TODAY for:
Pre-K Lead Teacher– Part-Time
- AutoCAD/Design Technician-FT/PT
- Training Specialist-Full-Time
- Receptionist/Customer Support-Full-Time
- Graphic Designer-Full-Time
- System Technician-Full-Time
- Distribution Dispatcher-Full-Time
- Engineering Technician-Full-Time
- Paralegal-Full Time
- Legal Secretary-Full-Time
or any of the other 140+ positions available on our job bank. Follow the directions below to Register for THE HALL CAREER CENTER's online job bank to view position descriptions, company details, & application process. Check out the Career Center's televisions located in the library and on the 2nd floor of the Thomas Center for JOB BLAST listings weekly.
- GO TO VWCC HOME PAGE www.virginiawestern.edu.
- Click on Hall Career Center (Top and Center of homepage).
- On the left side click JOB BANK.
- Click on STUDENT/ALUMNI.
- Click on REGISTER.
- Fill in template (starred fields are required; use your school email address in the primary email field).
- Click SUBMIT. An email verification link will be sent to the primary email.
- Log in to your email and follow the link verify your account and set a password.
- You will then be taken into the job bank.
- Upload RESUME to apply( need help?- check homepage for Resume Power Hours)
Contact THE HALL CAREER CENTER if you have any questions- 540.857.7298/ email@example.com
Don't miss the Bridging Cultures Film Series!
- 10/8, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World (2011)
- Explores the richness of Islamic art in objects big and small, from great ornamented palaces and the play of light in monumental mosques to the exquisite beauty of ceramics, carved boxes, paintings, calligraphy, and metal work.
- 10/22, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Persepolis (2007)
- Poignant coming-of-age story of a precocious and outspoken young Iranian girl that begins during the Islamic Revolution.
- 11/5, 2pm, Whitman Theater—Koran by Heart: Once Chance to Remember (2011)
- Captures the drama of the annual International Holy Koran Competition, following three extraordinary ten year olds who have dedicated their lives to honoring their families, countries, and culture through memorization of the religious text.
These films are part of the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys award granted to Brown Library by the NEH. They are available to be checked out on a reserve basis from the Circulation desk on the top floor of the library.
ORGANIZING YOUR STUDY SYSTEM (with Style)
WHEN: Wednesday, October 9; 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Duncan 206
FACILITATOR: Ms. Edna Whittier
Attend this session and you'll get helpful tips for efficient, effective study time, finding motivation for studying, organizing your course materials, setting up an appropriate workplace, setting and following a study schedule and receiving a handout on tips for studying with and around children.
Advising Retention Services
Chapman Hall, Room 105