A Warm Welcome!
Club and Involvement Fair
Campus Clubs will have membership and information tables set up with more information about joining!
Friday, August 30
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Outside Chapman Hall/Bookstore
Pick up information about campus and community involvement!
For more information, contact Natasha Lee at email@example.com or call 857-6326
MRI Research Study on Depression
Researchers at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute are conducting a new research study investigating emotional reactions in brain responses in people who suffer from depression. We may first invite you to come in for an interview about some of your experiences and how you are feeling. We may then ask you to come back and do some activities during a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scan, which uses a magnet and radio waves (no x-rays!). Counseling may also be available for those who are interested.�
Compensation: Interview: $15/hour Scanning: $20-60 per scanning session plus a high resolution image of your brain. Free counseling.
If you would like to participate, please contact Cari at 540-526-2032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRAIN PATTERN STUDY
The Human Neuroimaging Laboratory at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) located in Roanoke, Virginia would like to invite you to participate in a variety of groundbreaking studies!
- Eligibility: healthy adults, age 18-64
- Compensation: at least $20.00
- Primary goal: To study the response of the normal brain to patterns of stimuli, rewards, and decision-making
- Institute sponsor: Human Neuroimaging Laboratory labs.vtc.vt.edu/hnl
- Study timeframe/duration: 1-3 hours per visit
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit: http://vtcri.info/jkzexq
To contact us via e-mail: email@example.com; or call 540-526-2034
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is conducting a brain imaging study on cigarette smokers. Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current smokers, age 18-55
- Smoke at least 5 cigarettes per day
- Have been smoking for the past year
You will be compensated for your time. Eligible participants typically make $50 for the first session and $30 for the second session, with the potential to earn an additional $75. We have two locations, Blacksburg and Roanoke, and scheduling is very flexible to best accommodate your schedule. If interested, please contact Andre at 540-526-2068 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
OEF/OIF VETERANS NEEDED FOR FMRI STUDIES
- Deployment impacts veterans in many ways
- We use new FMRI technology to understand how deployment can affect the biology of the brain
- Have the study described and questions answered by study staff before deciding to participate
- Participate in a videotaped interview about your life experiences
- Fill out some questionnaires
- Complete computer tasks during an fMRI scan which may include:
- Viewing positive, negative, & neutral images- including some that are combat related
- Playing simple computer games
- Be asked to provide a saliva sample for genetic analyses
- Receive a CD copy of your structural brain scan
- Be compensated $15 per hour for the interview & questionnaire session and $20 or more for the fMRI scan depending on how you play the game
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- OEF/OIF Veterans who are:
- Between 18 & 64 years old
- Free from metal in their body
- Not claustrophobic
(540) 526-2032, email@example.com, http://info.vtc.vt.edu/vets