Need money? Got good grades? If so, consider becoming a tutor. The one-on-one tutoring program at The Academic Link (VWCC’s academic resource center) needs tutors who have expertise in any subject area for the fall semester. Tutors are especially needed for all levels of math, all sciences, computer programming, engineering, information technology, economics, and philosophy. To qualify, you must have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA and an A or B in the subject for which you’d like to tutor. If you think you have what it takes to be a tutor and you’d like to make some extra money this fall, contact Linda Whitlock at 857-6442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Accounting Clerk
The Commercial Accounting Clerk performs accounting operations including payables, receivables, bank reconciliations and record keeping.
Must have Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Management or One year of college & one year of experience
Apply with COVER LETTER & RESUME.
Register for THE HALL CAREER CENTER’S online job bank to view position description, company details, & application process.
(Job bank registration for VWCC students and Alumni only)
Registration/information please contact the Hall Career Center at email@example.com
To help meet educational expenses, Virginia Western Community College is pleased to participate in Nelnet’s tuition payment plan. For a non-refundable fee of $25.00, Nelnet allows monthly, interest-free tuition payments. The earlier students enroll the more payment options they may have. The payment plan for Fall 2013 began on July 1, 2013.
If a payment plan is not established or if tuition is not paid by August 1, 2013, students who registered early for classes will be dropped and will need to repeat the registration process. Financial Aid students are protected from enrollment cancellation up to the amount of their Financial Aid award. Financial Aid students should pay any differences between their total award and the amount due to prevent enrollment cancellation.
Payment plan sign-up instructions and deadlines will be posted on the Student Bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, www.virginiawestern.edu and on the VWtvs located across campus.
Step by step directions on how to enroll in a payment plan are available at http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studenthelp/student/tuitionpaymentplan.php
BRAIN PATTERN STUDY
The Human Neuroimaging Laboratory at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) located in Roanoke, Virginia would like to invite you to participate in a variety of groundbreaking studies!
- Eligibility: healthy adults, age 18-64
- Compensation: at least $20.00
- Primary goal: To study the response of the normal brain to patterns of stimuli, rewards, and decision-making
- Institute sponsor: Human Neuroimaging Laboratory labs.vtc.vt.edu/hnl
- Study timeframe/duration: 1-3 hours per visit
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit: http://vtcri.info/jkzexq
To contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 540-526-2034
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is conducting a brain imaging study on cigarette smokers. Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current smokers, age 18-55
- Smoke at least 5 cigarettes per day
- Have been smoking for the past year
You will be compensated for your time. Eligible participants typically make $50 for the first session and $30 for the second session, with the potential to earn an additional $75. We have two locations, Blacksburg and Roanoke, and scheduling is very flexible to best accommodate your schedule. If interested, please contact Andre at 540-526-2068 email@example.com for more information.
OEF/OIF VETERANS NEEDED FOR FMRI STUDIES
- Deployment impacts veterans in many ways
- We use new FMRI technology to understand how deployment can affect the biology of the brain
- Have the study described and questions answered by study staff before deciding to participate
- Participate in a videotaped interview about your life experiences
- Fill out some questionnaires
- Complete computer tasks during an fMRI scan which may include:
- Viewing positive, negative, & neutral images- including some that are combat related
- Playing simple computer games
- Be asked to provide a saliva sample for genetic analyses
- Receive a CD copy of your structural brain scan
- Be compensated $15 per hour for the interview & questionnaire session and $20 or more for the fMRI scan depending on how you play the game
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- OEF/OIF Veterans who are:
- Between 18 & 64 years old
- Free from metal in their body
- Not claustrophobic
(540) 526-2032, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://info.vtc.vt.edu/vets